Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,865 Members 49,881 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tablet wont turn on after root attempt with Odin

Tip us?

HelplessMoeJoe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Tablet wont turn on after root attempt with Odin

Hi I am new to this forum and I tried to post this question before but I don't think it was posted so I will try again here:

So after that kitkat update my galaxy note 2014 P605 tablet couldn't download to my external SD-card so I attempted to root my tablet by following the instructions on "root samsung galaxy note 10.1 sm p605" by androidxda (I am new so I cannot post links but simply google it you wont miss it)

However as I reached "step 10" in the instructions I noticed that although I could see the green "PASS!" sign on Odin, my tablet wasn't rebooting but simply flashing/turning on as it did during the whole process.
Because the instructions said that I could disconnect the USB from the PC once I saw the green sign, I took the USB cable off the PC but my tablet kept flashing/turning on as it did during the whole process.
I pushed down the power button but it didn't turn off so I pushed down the volume button as well as the power button for 5-8 seconds and it turned off.
But it won't turn on again no matter what, I have tried to charge it , connect it to the PC etc. but nothing works
Can someone please help me out with this? Do I need to take off the battery and put it back in?

andreiav
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelplessMoeJoe View Post
Hi I am new to this forum and I tried to post this question before but I don't think it was posted so I will try again here:

So after that kitkat update my galaxy note 2014 P605 tablet couldn't download to my external SD-card so I attempted to root my tablet by following the instructions on "root samsung galaxy note 10.1 sm p605" by androidxda (I am new so I cannot post links but simply google it you wont miss it)

However as I reached "step 10" in the instructions I noticed that although I could see the green "PASS!" sign on Odin, my tablet wasn't rebooting but simply flashing/turning on as it did during the whole process.
Because the instructions said that I could disconnect the USB from the PC once I saw the green sign, I took the USB cable off the PC but my tablet kept flashing/turning on as it did during the whole process.
I pushed down the power button but it didn't turn off so I pushed down the volume button as well as the power button for 5-8 seconds and it turned off.
But it won't turn on again no matter what, I have tried to charge it , connect it to the PC etc. but nothing works
Can someone please help me out with this? Do I need to take off the battery and put it back in?
I read the instructions and those are good. So I'm guessing the problem is somewhere else. First of all, you mention the tablet: "flashing/turning on" during the process. This is not normal during flashing with Odin. You should only see a blue bar loading on the screen of the device. Also, at the end, along with the green PASS you should see in the log something like: 1 succeeded / 0 failed. It's also in the printscreen of the tutorial you followed. The tablet should reboot only if you check Auto Reboot in Odin.

It sounds a bit like you bricked your device. You can try removing and reinserting the battery. Try turning it on. If nothing nothing happens (device vibrates, screen turns on but stays black, anything) no matter the combination of keys you press, then you probably hard bricked your device and need a JTAG. In other words, you need to take it to a service to have its software rewritten on the board.

There's also a device called a USB Jig (search on google for it). It's a tiny microusb that when plugged in the device, boots it into Download mode and you can reflash the original firmware. But I doubt it would work in your case.

Good luck.

varespuuotsas
Old
(Last edited by varespuuotsas; 5th June 2014 at 07:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelplessMoeJoe View Post

Will it show battery charging animation if you connect your tablet to a PC or a charger?