Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,347 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to install a rom only by recovery mode??

Tip us?

Idolx+
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone How to install a rom only by recovery mode??

Hi, first of all i want to say that i'm new here and i am not sure i'm posting in the right place, if not i'm sorry.

I was trying to fix a problem with my camera app in my Idol X+ (s960), i installed a new one and reboot. The problem is that my phone bocked at the boot image and didn't want to reboot normally. I got into the recovery mode pressing the key buttons. I now want to reset to swipe to factory reset but nothing is working, i cant even install a new rom because there's none in my phone memory (it doesnt allow sd cards). is there a way to tranfere files to my phone without turning it on? because it is impossible i only can access recovery mode...

Thank you very much

SMillerNL
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1027

DONATE TO ME
Can you access fastboot mode or does your recovery allow for an ADB sideload command?

Sent from my Nexus 4, want to know my current project? Check http://team-fun.eu

"I actually don't want any Thanks. I don't need to be Thanked, because I just want to make XDA a better place..."
http://team-fun.eu
The Following User Says Thank You to SMillerNL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Idolx+
Old
(Last edited by Idolx+; 5th June 2014 at 12:14 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'm sorry, I'm a real noob but can you explain what is fastboot mode and how can I know about the "ADB sideload command"?
I want to say thnk you for your reply!

I found out my recovery allows ADB Sideload and when I choose Bootloader the screen goes black with written at the botttom fastboot. Is it what you were talking about? Nothing happens then ...

akira1494
Old
Thanks Meter 1
the only thing u need to do is,, to flash your phone using spflash tools,,