Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] clockworkmod

OP dirtsa

5th June 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Hi!

Dont know if this is posted in the correct thread, but I'll try anywayz.
I have a LG g2, and when I accepted a software update the phone got stuck in the clockworkmod recovery-something.
Tried to click on factory reset etc, but nothing works. It just loops back to the same place.
The company that sold the phone say they will not repair it because clockworkmod is unauthorised software and the warranty does not apply.
The problem is, I have never herd of clockworkmod in my life before this happened. Can clockworkmod install itself without me doing anything?
I checked my backupinfo on apps installed from google play and none of them said clockworkmod.
Is it possible to find out when a program was installed and how it was installed?

If anyone has any idea, I would be very greatfull.
5th June 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #2  
andreiav's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 77
 
174 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsa

Hi!

Dont know if this is posted in the correct thread, but I'll try anywayz.
I have a LG g2, and when I accepted a software update the phone got stuck in the clockworkmod recovery-something.
Tried to click on factory reset etc, but nothing works. It just loops back to the same place.
The company that sold the phone say they will not repair it because clockworkmod is unauthorised software and the warranty does not apply.
The problem is, I have never herd of clockworkmod in my life before this happened. Can clockworkmod install itself without me doing anything?
I checked my backupinfo on apps installed from google play and none of them said clockworkmod.
Is it possible to find out when a program was installed and how it was installed?

If anyone has any idea, I would be very greatfull.

Did you buy this phone brand new? It looks like the previous owner installed CWM Recovery on it. You can flash a custom firmware for your LG G2 from CWM or if you want to return to stock firmware, follow the steps from here: droidviews.com/how-to-restore-lg-g2-to-stock-firmware/

As for warranty, this is not covered, sorry.
Also, CWM CANNOT install itself. Either you or someone else installed it. You usually need root to install or you need to flash it. So it can't happen by accident. You can't install it like a normal app from the play store.
Last edited by andreiav; 5th June 2014 at 09:20 AM.
5th June 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreiav

Did you buy this phone brand new? It looks like the previous owner installed CWM Recovery on it. You can flash a custom firmware for your LG G2 from CWM or if you want to return to stock firmware, follow the steps from here: droidviews.com/how-to-restore-lg-g2-to-stock-firmware/

As for warranty, this is not covered, sorry.
Also, CWM CANNOT install itself. Either you or someone else installed it. You usually need root to install or you need to flash it. So it can't happen by accident. You can't install it like a normal app from the play store.

Hi, and thank you so much for the answer.
I bought the phone brand new from the store. I looked at the link, and thank you for that - I don't think I am capable of doing such a prosedure myself - but maybe I can send it to a mobile-workshop and they can do it for me. Thank you so much for that as well.

I don't understand how this program got in to my phone, they said that it was "rooted with unauthorised software" - I have no idea what rooting means. I am going to try to get to the bottom of this and find out how this program got into my phone in the first place.
5th June 2014, 01:10 PM   |  #4  
andreiav's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 77
 
174 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsa

Hi, and thank you so much for the answer.
I bought the phone brand new from the store. I looked at the link, and thank you for that - I don't think I am capable of doing such a prosedure myself - but maybe I can send it to a mobile-workshop and they can do it for me. Thank you so much for that as well.

I don't understand how this program got in to my phone, they said that it was "rooted with unauthorised software" - I have no idea what rooting means. I am going to try to get to the bottom of this and find out how this program got into my phone in the first place.

You are very welcome. If you do not know what rooting is, then clearly it wasn't you who did it. Your phone gut stuck because of the custom recovery on your phone. Updates can only work with stock (original) recovery.

Was the phone sealed? (the box, the battery...?) It really sounds like somebody from that store ripped you off with a modified phone.
If you can't prove it, then take it to a mobile service. I'm sure they can handle it. Sorry for your warranty though..

Good luck with it.
5th June 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Thanks again for the answer. I talked to a company who offers mobile workshop. They said it is no way of finding out who "rooted" the phone. I don't know why they keep talking about the rooting. I sent an email and asked if it was possible to find out when and how a program was installed on my phone. Do you know if it is possible to find out primarily WHEN clockworkmod was intalled, and secondary how it was installed?
On computers you can see when a program was installed so I thought maybe you could do that with mobile phones as well?
Sorry for all this stupid questions, but I am quite annoyed because I bought the phone from the biggest telephone company in my country, and now it has become my mission in life to prove that I didn't do this myself

Best Regards
5th June 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #6  
andreiav's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 77
 
174 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsa

Thanks again for the answer. I talked to a company who offers mobile workshop. They said it is no way of finding out who "rooted" the phone. I don't know why they keep talking about the rooting. I sent an email and asked if it was possible to find out when and how a program was installed on my phone. Do you know if it is possible to find out primarily WHEN clockworkmod was intalled, and secondary how it was installed?
On computers you can see when a program was installed so I thought maybe you could do that with mobile phones as well?
Sorry for all this stupid questions, but I am quite annoyed because I bought the phone from the biggest telephone company in my country, and now it has become my mission in life to prove that I didn't do this myself

Best Regards

Unfortunately, I don't think you can find out when CWM recovery was installed, or when the phone was rooted.

They keep talking about rooting because your phone is most likely rooted. Rooted means having a piece of software installed on the phone that gives you full access. And you can then modify anything on the phone, including system files. It's like having Administrator rights on Windows let's say.

Good luck with your phone
The Following User Says Thank You to andreiav For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes