Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,619 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Receiving OTA on stock rooted ROM

Tip us?

kgptzac
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Receiving OTA on stock rooted ROM

I am using stock kit Kat Rom with costume recovery. Knox is tripped, and I also use Xposed modules. I am curious if there is a way, and if so, how to receive OTA without full wipe and/or return to stock recovery (or lose root).

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

atlzonly89
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgptzac View Post
I am using stock kit Kat Rom with costume recovery. Knox is tripped, and I also use Xposed modules. I am curious if there is a way, and if so, how to receive OTA without full wipe and/or return to stock recovery (or lose root).

Thanks.

sorry to burst your bubble, but there isnt a way to do it, you can try to check manually, but what you can do is restore and update via kies...once the phone is up and running, re-root the same method you rooted before, and then restore everything through google play....if your worried bout messages and call logs and what not, go into the samsung cloud and back everything up.

kgptzac
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Well, so i can root after odin back to factory, and titanium would work? Still seems a a lot... what about just flashingthe OTA zip in recovery?

jdidtht
Old
Thanks Meter 1117
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgptzac View Post
Well, so i can root after odin back to factory, and titanium would work? Still seems a a lot... what about just flashingthe OTA zip in recovery?

I would just odin the update and restore apps and selected data via titanium