Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,857 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S5 vs Note 3

Tip us?

squarebobspongepants
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default S5 vs Note 3

I have a guy that wants to trade me his note 3 for my s5. What do you guys think?

Birbey
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Note is 32gb s5 ?

Bri81
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarebobspongepants View Post
I have a guy that wants to trade me his note 3 for my s5. What do you guys think?
If you'd rather have the S5, then I think you should do the trade.

NightHawkUndead
Old
Thanks Meter 488
I have the note 3. Wife has s5. Both are great phones. The size is the thing that I have not been able to leave the note series behind. Love the screen size and I use the pen and apps for work.

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk

hp79
Old
Thanks Meter 58
I think S5 is more valuable unless you need to digitizer pen. I find the pen pretty useful on Note3, but all this AT&T crap and no root / bootloader lockdown is making me look elsewhere. I will never buy AT&T branded phone again.

fubaracing7374
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Bought the S5 a week ago and took it back two days ago for the Note 3 and I love the difference between the two. If you like the pen then the Note 3 is for you. If you don't like the pen, then you should get the S5. Two awesome devices

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

mrkhigh
Old
Thanks Meter 129
I'd call them near even. If we ever get kernel flashing ability I believe the note will have a longer life span due to an extra gig of ram.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

aznguyen316
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Bought an s5 last week, really nice phone. I loved image quality of the screen on it. However decided to try a note 3 out and I like it more. The s5 imo looks more aesthetically pleasing and the screen looks better to me. However I didn't like the size of the phone. I only realized this after using the note 3. The s5 is a size for me where one handed sucked and two handing still was kind of strange. I wanted a smaller phone for one handed use. Then after having the note 3, I realized I can two hand type really well and comfortably on the note vs the s5 which was uncomfortable both one or two handed for me. It's weird. Anyway I think both are nice phones however the main thing that pushed me over was having root and roms. The bloatware pissed me off and even the note 3 had a ton of **** and popups before I could root it. Luckily I found someone selling still on 4.3.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
Galaxy Note 3 AT&T on Dynamic Kat 3.0

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 9004
Moderator Comment: Other devices and off-topic discussions go here; thread closed.
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe