Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,529 Members 40,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Update 143.A.0.761 Failed

Tip us?

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
I don't think any devs will release an update for it, its such a minor update (1.8mb) whats the point in making a new (almost) 1GB rom for it....
1.8mb? It's a joke! ..not an update.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

dladz
Old
Thanks Meter 731

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I don't think any devs will release an update for it, its such a minor update (1.8mb) whats the point in making a new (almost) 1GB rom for it....

[NUT] has already says he wont do it, and I am not bothering to do it for mine.
Yea haven't bothered with it myself, think this phones just about peaked. Unless they're going to give some of the Z2 features which we know our phones can handle, be a shame on Sony's part if they hold off things like double tap to wake and I think even timeshift @ 60fps would work too.
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz View Post
Yea haven't bothered with it myself, think this phones just about peaked. Unless they're going to give some of the Z2 features which we know our phones can handle, be a shame on Sony's part if they hold off things like double tap to wake and I think even timeshift @ 60fps would work too.
I telling you, they holding all this features to have the gap between Z1 and Z2. They have do this to sell the Z2 as best flagship and Z1 remain good for others who not pretend much. It's a political overtake move.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

dladz
Old
Thanks Meter 731

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
I telling you, they holding all this features to have the gap between Z1 and Z2. They have do this to sell the Z2 as best flagship and Z1 remain good for others who not pretend much. It's a political overtake move.
Its a sly move
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1

gregbradley
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3685

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz View Post
Its a sly move
Its a completely common sense business move. They would be silly to do anything else.

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>

Follow me on twitter

dladz
Old
Thanks Meter 731

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Its a completely common sense business move. They would be silly to do anything else.
Right ok, For me good business is doing things that puts faith in your customers not take it away, least of all when Sony haven't got the best history of quality devices, x10, Xperia S. Both utterly awful phones, they've brought back a lot of custom since the T and the Z so for them to pull a move like holding back features which are quite capable of being put on previous flagship devices like the Z1 and the compact to me is ludicrous business sense, especially as theres only 5 months between the devices and even less for the compact.

If it was a hardware limitation then fair enough, but these aren't so actually it's not a completely common sense business move at all. It's a sly rabbit punch that isn't remotely hidden and everyone knows it, DT2W is on several phones now, timeshift has been proven to work on the Z1, albeit at 45fps, i'm sure that Sony could have made it happen on the Z1.

Makes no difference to me anyhow, the second I'm able to buy the oneplus i'll be flogging this phone anyway.

gregbradley
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3685

DONATE TO ME
Well, we will have to agree to disagree,
I had the X10, still have it, and love it.

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>

Follow me on twitter

juanpirulo
Old
Thanks Meter 111
I made allready an update following nut"s guide, its based on the. 761 nórdic firmware.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53036866

Cheers

Enviado desde mi C6903 mediante Tapatalk