Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more
Post Reply

Update 143.A.0.761 Failed

OP gnduy

3rd June 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #11  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616
 
2,984 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

I don't think any devs will release an update for it, its such a minor update (1.8mb) whats the point in making a new (almost) 1GB rom for it....

1.8mb? It's a joke! ..not an update.
4th June 2014, 09:53 AM   |  #12  
dladz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 765
 
3,702 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

I don't think any devs will release an update for it, its such a minor update (1.8mb) whats the point in making a new (almost) 1GB rom for it....

[NUT] has already says he wont do it, and I am not bothering to do it for mine.

Yea haven't bothered with it myself, think this phones just about peaked. Unless they're going to give some of the Z2 features which we know our phones can handle, be a shame on Sony's part if they hold off things like double tap to wake and I think even timeshift @ 60fps would work too.
4th June 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #13  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616
 
2,984 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz

Yea haven't bothered with it myself, think this phones just about peaked. Unless they're going to give some of the Z2 features which we know our phones can handle, be a shame on Sony's part if they hold off things like double tap to wake and I think even timeshift @ 60fps would work too.

I telling you, they holding all this features to have the gap between Z1 and Z2. They have do this to sell the Z2 as best flagship and Z1 remain good for others who not pretend much. It's a political overtake move.
5th June 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #14  
dladz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 765
 
3,702 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

I telling you, they holding all this features to have the gap between Z1 and Z2. They have do this to sell the Z2 as best flagship and Z1 remain good for others who not pretend much. It's a political overtake move.

Its a sly move
5th June 2014, 11:47 AM   |  #15  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,179
 
9,700 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz

Its a sly move

Its a completely common sense business move. They would be silly to do anything else.
5th June 2014, 11:56 AM   |  #16  
dladz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 765
 
3,702 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

Its a completely common sense business move. They would be silly to do anything else.

Right ok, For me good business is doing things that puts faith in your customers not take it away, least of all when Sony haven't got the best history of quality devices, x10, Xperia S. Both utterly awful phones, they've brought back a lot of custom since the T and the Z so for them to pull a move like holding back features which are quite capable of being put on previous flagship devices like the Z1 and the compact to me is ludicrous business sense, especially as theres only 5 months between the devices and even less for the compact.

If it was a hardware limitation then fair enough, but these aren't so actually it's not a completely common sense business move at all. It's a sly rabbit punch that isn't remotely hidden and everyone knows it, DT2W is on several phones now, timeshift has been proven to work on the Z1, albeit at 45fps, i'm sure that Sony could have made it happen on the Z1.

Makes no difference to me anyhow, the second I'm able to buy the oneplus i'll be flogging this phone anyway.
5th June 2014, 12:42 PM   |  #17  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,179
 
9,700 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Well, we will have to agree to disagree,
I had the X10, still have it, and love it.
5th June 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #18  
Senior Member
Flag vitoria-gasteiz (basque Country)
Thanks Meter: 115
 
281 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
I made allready an update following nut"s guide, its based on the. 761 nórdic firmware.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53036866

Cheers

Enviado desde mi C6903 mediante Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z1 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank