Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

ADB works, but fastboot won't recognize device. Can't update TWRP to 2.7 for kitkat

OP kaceps

1st June 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

32 posts
edit : crap ..... worng section ... how do I delete ?

Hello.

I have a KFHD 7" happily running under Hashcode's CM10.0. I'd like to update to kitkat.
For that, it seems I need to upgrade my recovery from TWRP 2.4 to 2.7. ( If the rom should install under TWRP 2.4, let me know, cause I got an error when I tried. )

So, after messing a bit with my drivers, I got ADB to work fine.

However, I need fastboot to update recovery. My Kindle can go into fastboot, no problem.

But windows just won't recognise it. "Fastboot devices" always show no devices connected.

I tried with various drivers ( including those from QEMU thread ) on 2 differents computers.

So I'm starting to wonder if there is something I missed in the virious threads. Is there something I should know that would prevent me from seing the device under fastboot but not ADB ?
Last edited by kaceps; 1st June 2014 at 09:28 PM. Reason: posted in wrong forum
1st June 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #2  
Flag Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 233

916 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaceps

Hello.
So I'm starting to wonder if there is something I missed in the virious threads. Is there something I should know that would prevent me from seing the device under fastboot but not ADB ?

Are you running Windows 8.1?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
1st June 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

32 posts
Thanks for the answer.
No, I'm runing 7.
Also, I will delete this thread and re-post in Q&A. As soon as I find the option ...
2nd June 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #4  
Flag SantoDomingo
Thanks Meter: 17

121 posts
More
Try flashable zip.! To update
2nd June 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #5  
Unknown
Thanks Meter: 316

551 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaceps

edit : crap ..... worng section ... how do I delete ?

Hello.

I have a KFHD 7" happily running under Hashcode's CM10.0. I'd like to update to kitkat.
For that, it seems I need to upgrade my recovery from TWRP 2.4 to 2.7. ( If the rom should install under TWRP 2.4, let me know, cause I got an error when I tried. )

So, after messing a bit with my drivers, I got ADB to work fine.

However, I need fastboot to update recovery. My Kindle can go into fastboot, no problem.

But windows just won't recognise it. "Fastboot devices" always show no devices connected.

I tried with various drivers ( including those from QEMU thread ) on 2 differents computers.

If you have the image,try using FireFlash by stanga72. Just place the image on the sdcard,open fireflash,select "Flash Recovery" and choose the image. Hit Flash,and reboot into recovery.
3rd June 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #6  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 424

1,742 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafinWasi

If you have the image,try using FireFlash by stanga72. Just place the image on the sdcard,open fireflash,select "Flash Recovery" and choose the image. Hit Flash,and reboot into recovery.

This.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th June 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,338

1,214 posts
Donate to Me
More
For some reason, Kindle devices won't be recognized in fastboot without the specific flag "-i 0x1949". For example, "fastboot devices" becomes "fastboot -i 0x1949 devices" and "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" becomes "fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery recovery.img".
I'm positive this is the issue.
Have a nice day!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
5th June 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 6

50 posts
Download .zip file and install from recovery

Sent from my Amazon Tate using XDA Free mobile app
5th June 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,338

1,214 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuxu09

Download .zip file and install from recovery

Sent from my Amazon Tate using XDA Free mobile app

He's not asking for a workaround, he's asking how to use his fastboot, which my answer covers thoroughly.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread