Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,638 Members 54,200 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cyanogenmod cannot connect to data network on Bmobile (MVNO)

Tip us?

renatogoes
Old
(Last edited by renatogoes; 6th June 2014 at 03:00 PM.) Reason: Update
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Cyanogenmod cannot connect to data network on Bmobile (MVNO)

I've brought a Atrix and tried to install a ROM from cyanogenmod. It's the CM10 for atrix made by epinter. It's not an official one, but most people said it's OK. Everything worked great.
However, it cannot connect to the data network, it keep showing "Connecting". I tried to ask the carrier, and they said that my cellphone was trying to connect to their network, but with a wrong username/password. I've checked the informations a lot of times.
I tried several versions of cyanogenmod, CM10 and CM10.1 and even a stable CM7, but none could connect.
Does anyone know how to fix it?

edit: I can do/get calls and messages. On a stock ROM it works fine.

ps.: My carrier is Japan Bmobile, which uses the NTT Docomo network. My phone says that my carrier is Docomo, but the APN is from Bmobile.

andresrivas
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatogoes View Post
I've brought a Atrix and tried to install a ROM from cyanogenmod. It's the CM10 for atrix made by epinter. It's not an official one, but most people said it's OK. Everything worked great.
However, it cannot connect to the data network. I tried to ask the carrier, and they said that my cellphone was trying to connect to their network, but with a wrong username/password. I've checked the informations a lot of times.
I tried several versions of cyanogenmod, CM10 and CM10.1 and even a stable CM7, but none could connect.
Does anyone know how to fix it?

ps.: My carrier is Japan Bmobile, which uses the NTT Docomo network. My phone says that my carrier is Docomo, but the APN is from Bmobile.

Ok. So you can connect to the network (ie, you can make phone calls), but you can't connect to the internet?

you got 2 options: either create the apn manually (the settings must be all over the internet), or ask them to push it to your cellphone. My carrier can do this, and you don't need to configure anything else.
Motorola Personal 501 -> Motorola StarTac -> Motorola v360 (1gb sd, iTunes, native, non-java apps) -> Motorola Rokr E2 (SDHC 8Gb, native apps, O.C., My own custom Rom, AWESOME PHONE) -> Motorola C115 (Custom Ringtones xD ) -> Motorola Milestone (A.K.A Droid) (Froyo, rooted, stolen :'( ) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Blur ICS)

Yup. I've been a Motofan all my life so far...

renatogoes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default circum wrallbu

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresrivas View Post
Ok. So you can connect to the network (ie, you can make phone calls), but you can't connect to the internet?

you got 2 options: either create the apn manually (the settings must be all over the internet), or ask them to push it to your cellphone. My carrier can do this, and you don't need to configure anything else.
Yes, I can make calls and send messages.
When they sent me the SIM card, they also send the APN information. I had to configure it manually.
Now, I'm using a stock ROM. After I inserted the APN manually, it connects. But it's a old version of Android (2.3.4), and since it sucks, I would like to try to use a newer version.

andresrivas
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Must be something related to the carrier. Because I set the apn manually just to try, on cm10.1, and it connects fine.

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
Motorola Personal 501 -> Motorola StarTac -> Motorola v360 (1gb sd, iTunes, native, non-java apps) -> Motorola Rokr E2 (SDHC 8Gb, native apps, O.C., My own custom Rom, AWESOME PHONE) -> Motorola C115 (Custom Ringtones xD ) -> Motorola Milestone (A.K.A Droid) (Froyo, rooted, stolen :'( ) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Blur ICS)

renatogoes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresrivas View Post
Must be something related to the carrier. Because I set the apn manually just to try, on cm10.1, and it connects fine.

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
Is your carrier a MVNO?

andresrivas
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatogoes View Post
Is your carrier a MVNO?
Good Point, Somehow I skipped that part of your answer. Nope, it's a full blown carrier

renatogoes
Old
(Last edited by renatogoes; 6th June 2014 at 03:01 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for your promptly help.
I saw somewhere that there's a problem with android and MVNOs. I don't know exactly why they are considered as a roaming network. I'll try to flash it again on weekend and test it using roaming options.

edit: Just try it again, and it failed. According to android I'm not in roaming as the other people on internet said they were when using a MVNO.