Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,819 Members 41,149 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Which format is suitable for Link2SD

Tip us?

neokragu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Default Which format is suitable for Link2SD

Hi friends,

I managed to unlocked the boot loader and rooted. I installed Link2sd with Ext2 formatted second partition. I link all my application from internal memory to sd card. Everything is working fine, but after 15 minutes my sd card removed unexpectedly. Then I reboot phone and create the mount script partition again. After some time the SD card removed again. All my apps including updated play store, keyboard, face book, Titanium Backup etc all get removed. Earlier I use the same SD card in Moto Defy XT 535 for last two years and no problem acquired. Now I reset my phone to factory and re installed all apps again, It working without any problem. Any one know which format is suitable and working without any problem?

mrpkarthik
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Thumbs up EXT4 Partition..

Quote:
Originally Posted by neokragu View Post
Hi friends,

I managed to unlocked the boot loader and rooted. I installed Link2sd with Ext2 formatted second partition. I link all my application from internal memory to sd card. Everything is working fine, but after 15 minutes my sd card removed unexpectedly. Then I reboot phone and create the mount script partition again. After some time the SD card removed again. All my apps including updated play store, keyboard, face book, Titanium Backup etc all get removed. Earlier I use the same SD card in Moto Defy XT 535 for last two years and no problem acquired. Now I reset my phone to factory and re installed all apps again, It working without any problem. Any one know which format is suitable and working without any problem?
Try to partition your secondary memory to EXT4 format...
i think ,you wont get "sd card removed unexpectedly" error anymore using EXT4 format...

Try and hit Thanks..
The Following User Says Thank You to mrpkarthik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]