How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Increase RAM without ROOT?

OP VasAkos

4th June 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
I have a cheap tablet (E-Board HT400) which didn't come with stock root and I couldn't find a way to root it. I've also posted a thread some time ago but I guess nobody can help that.

Anyway I have 1GB of RAM. Even after I kill ALL the tasks and close everything I only have MAX 300MB. Of 1GB... I can't play bigger games or apps. Without enough RAM they just crash.

If anybody knows a good way to get rid of unnecessary apps without root, gaing root for a 4.2.2 tablet or a good way to free up more RAM I would really appreciate his or her help!
Thanks in advance!
4th June 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,689

3,396 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VasAkos

I have a cheap tablet (E-Board HT400) which didn't come with stock root and I couldn't find a way to root it. I've also posted a thread some time ago but I guess nobody can help that.
Anyway I have 1GB of RAM. Even after I kill ALL the tasks and close everything I only have MAX 300MB. Of 1GB... I can't play bigger games or apps. Without enough RAM they just crash.
If anybody knows a good way to get rid of unnecessary apps without root, gaing root for a 4.2.2 tablet or a good way to free up more RAM I would really appreciate his or her help!
Thanks in advance!

Hello,
Xda haven't forum about this device and I've seen that you had posted outside xda about your request, without answers.
I'm really sorry but I don't how can I help you.
I've tried to find something but no way about a root for your device.

On the ChiliGreen website, your device isn't current, nothing about an update, except this page => Treiberdownload > Tablet > HT400

About your device, I've find these elements:
Quote:

Firmware
Firmware version => 4.2.2
Firmware configuration version => API returned illegal or no value
Build number => GS702A_E-Board_HT400_V2.0
Build fingerprint => Android/full_gs702a/gs702a:4.2.2/JDQ39/eng.root.20131130.200607:userdebug/test-keys
Kernel version => 3.4.0+ jlingzhang@srv-fw-compile3 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 4 11:45:54 CST 2013
Kernel version raw => Linux version 3.4.0+ (jlingzhang@srv-fw-compile3) (gcc version 4.6.1 (Sourcery CodeBench Lite 2011.09-70) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 4 11:45:54 CST 2013
Bootloader version => unknown
Baseband configuration version => API returned illegal or no value
Baseband version => Unknown

Now you understand why you cannot find something for a root or something about your device.
Sorry
Last edited by philos64; 4th June 2014 at 10:49 PM.
4th June 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philos64

Hello,
Xda haven't forum about this device and I've seen that you had posted outside xda about your request, without answers.
I'm really sorry but I don't how can I help you.
I've tried to find something but no way about a root for your device.

On the ChiliGreen website, your device isn't current, nothing about an update, except this page => Treiberdownload > Tablet > HT400

About your device, I've find these elements:

Now you understand why you cannot find something for a root or something about your device.
Sorry

Yeah I know it's not the latest one, but I didn't think it was this old...

Anyway sorry for my ignorance but what are root updates contain? What do they do to grant me root rights? Aren't they good for any device on the same version? I mean if it's good for a Samsung 4.2.2 is it good for my 4.2.2 device?
5th June 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #4  

2 posts
Unhappy
Quote:

Thanks in advance!

Sorry but it looks as though you're out of luck
5th June 2014, 12:02 PM   |  #5  

18 posts
Smile
Quote:

Thanks in advance!

It's not the problem in your ram, the problem is in your processor, it's weak. I tested on a couple of phones the same app, on the weaker phones and tablets, it just crashed, on stronger ones it ran smoothly. Android runs each app in a vm, and (i think that each vm is allowed a max of 128 mb.) the ram shouldn't be the problem.
5th June 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor

3,396 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah I know it's not the latest one, but I didn't think it was this old...
Anyway sorry for my ignorance but what are root updates contain? What do they do to grant me root rights? Aren't they good for any device on the same version? I mean if it's good for a Samsung 4.2.2 is it good for my 4.2.2 device?

Maybe, but I really don't know if you can... try to contact a dev for help or try to go this forum. May be you will find some help
Android Development and Hacking > Android Software Development

Good luck
5th June 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileySingleton

Sorry but it looks as though you're out of luck

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of.
5th June 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverisboss

It's not the problem in your ram, the problem is in your processor, it's weak. I tested on a couple of phones the same app, on the weaker phones and tablets, it just crashed, on stronger ones it ran smoothly. Android runs each app in a vm, and (i think that each vm is allowed a max of 128 mb.) the ram shouldn't be the problem.

As I feel l have a ridiculously small free RAM...

But you may be right. Games made by Rockstar won't launch... GTA III, GTA:VC, GTA:SA, and Max Payne will crash. I can get to the Live page on SA but not further.

This page, down a little
Quote:

Tested on 512MB RAM + 1.2 Ghz Dual core CPU, not working

Anyway my tab has a ATM7029 (ARMv7, 4 x 1,2Ghz) processor. I think that's the average tablet processor. What do you think?
5th June 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor

3,396 posts
More
Quote:

As I feel l have a ridiculously small free RAM...
But you may be right. Games made by Rockstar won't launch... GTA III, GTA:VC, GTA:SA, and Max Payne will crash. I can get to the Live page on SA but not further.
This page, down a little
Anyway my tab has a ATM7029 (ARMv7, 4 x 1,2Ghz) processor. I think that's the average tablet processor. What do you think?

I'm really sorry but it's not a place for discuss.
I must closed this thread.

Good luck for your search

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ram, root, tablet
Previous Thread Next Thread