FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more

Which Manufacturer (And Device) Made You Choose Android?

The beautiful thing about Android is that there is so much to choose from. … more
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Increase RAM without ROOT?

4th June 2014, 09:17 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I have a cheap tablet (E-Board HT400) which didn't come with stock root and I couldn't find a way to root it. I've also posted a thread some time ago but I guess nobody can help that.


Anyway I have 1GB of RAM. Even after I kill ALL the tasks and close everything I only have MAX 300MB. Of 1GB... I can't play bigger games or apps. Without enough RAM they just crash.


If anybody knows a good way to get rid of unnecessary apps without root, gaing root for a 4.2.2 tablet or a good way to free up more RAM I would really appreciate his or her help!
Thanks in advance!
 
 
4th June 2014, 09:30 PM |#2  
philos64's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,730
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VasAkos

I have a cheap tablet (E-Board HT400) which didn't come with stock root and I couldn't find a way to root it. I've also posted a thread some time ago but I guess nobody can help that.
Anyway I have 1GB of RAM. Even after I kill ALL the tasks and close everything I only have MAX 300MB. Of 1GB... I can't play bigger games or apps. Without enough RAM they just crash.
If anybody knows a good way to get rid of unnecessary apps without root, gaing root for a 4.2.2 tablet or a good way to free up more RAM I would really appreciate his or her help!
Thanks in advance!

Hello,
Xda haven't forum about this device and I've seen that you had posted outside xda about your request, without answers.
I'm really sorry but I don't how can I help you.
I've tried to find something but no way about a root for your device.

On the ChiliGreen website, your device isn't current, nothing about an update, except this page => Treiberdownload > Tablet > HT400

About your device, I've find these elements:
Quote:

Firmware
Firmware version => 4.2.2
Firmware configuration version => API returned illegal or no value
Build number => GS702A_E-Board_HT400_V2.0
Build fingerprint => Android/full_gs702a/gs702a:4.2.2/JDQ39/eng.root.20131130.200607:userdebug/test-keys
Kernel version => 3.4.0+ jlingzhang@srv-fw-compile3 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 4 11:45:54 CST 2013
Kernel version raw => Linux version 3.4.0+ (jlingzhang@srv-fw-compile3) (gcc version 4.6.1 (Sourcery CodeBench Lite 2011.09-70) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 4 11:45:54 CST 2013
Bootloader version => unknown
Baseband configuration version => API returned illegal or no value
Baseband version => Unknown

Now you understand why you cannot find something for a root or something about your device.
Sorry
Last edited by philos64; 4th June 2014 at 09:49 PM.
4th June 2014, 10:22 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philos64

Hello,
Xda haven't forum about this device and I've seen that you had posted outside xda about your request, without answers.
I'm really sorry but I don't how can I help you.
I've tried to find something but no way about a root for your device.

On the ChiliGreen website, your device isn't current, nothing about an update, except this page => Treiberdownload > Tablet > HT400

About your device, I've find these elements:

Now you understand why you cannot find something for a root or something about your device.
Sorry

Yeah I know it's not the latest one, but I didn't think it was this old...

Anyway sorry for my ignorance but what are root updates contain? What do they do to grant me root rights? Aren't they good for any device on the same version? I mean if it's good for a Samsung 4.2.2 is it good for my 4.2.2 device?
5th June 2014, 03:28 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by VasAkos

I have a cheap tablet (E-Board HT400) which didn't come with stock root and I couldn't find a way to root it. I've also posted a thread some time ago but I guess nobody can help that.


Anyway I have 1GB of RAM. Even after I kill ALL the tasks and close everything I only have MAX 300MB. Of 1GB... I can't play bigger games or apps. Without enough RAM they just crash.


If anybody knows a good way to get rid of unnecessary apps without root, gaing root for a 4.2.2 tablet or a good way to free up more RAM I would really appreciate his or her help!
Thanks in advance!

Sorry but it looks as though you're out of luck
5th June 2014, 11:02 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by VasAkos

I have a cheap tablet (E-Board HT400) which didn't come with stock root and I couldn't find a way to root it. I've also posted a thread some time ago but I guess nobody can help that.


Anyway I have 1GB of RAM. Even after I kill ALL the tasks and close everything I only have MAX 300MB. Of 1GB... I can't play bigger games or apps. Without enough RAM they just crash.


If anybody knows a good way to get rid of unnecessary apps without root, gaing root for a 4.2.2 tablet or a good way to free up more RAM I would really appreciate his or her help!
Thanks in advance!

It's not the problem in your ram, the problem is in your processor, it's weak. I tested on a couple of phones the same app, on the weaker phones and tablets, it just crashed, on stronger ones it ran smoothly. Android runs each app in a vm, and (i think that each vm is allowed a max of 128 mb.) the ram shouldn't be the problem.
5th June 2014, 12:13 PM |#6  
philos64's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,730
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VasAkos

Yeah I know it's not the latest one, but I didn't think it was this old...
Anyway sorry for my ignorance but what are root updates contain? What do they do to grant me root rights? Aren't they good for any device on the same version? I mean if it's good for a Samsung 4.2.2 is it good for my 4.2.2 device?

Maybe, but I really don't know if you can... try to contact a dev for help or try to go this forum. May be you will find some help
Android Development and Hacking > Android Software Development

Good luck
5th June 2014, 02:29 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileySingleton

Sorry but it looks as though you're out of luck

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of.
5th June 2014, 02:37 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverisboss

It's not the problem in your ram, the problem is in your processor, it's weak. I tested on a couple of phones the same app, on the weaker phones and tablets, it just crashed, on stronger ones it ran smoothly. Android runs each app in a vm, and (i think that each vm is allowed a max of 128 mb.) the ram shouldn't be the problem.


As I feel l have a ridiculously small free RAM...

But you may be right. Games made by Rockstar won't launch... GTA III, GTA:VC, GTA:SA, and Max Payne will crash. I can get to the Live page on SA but not further.

This page, down a little
Quote:

Tested on 512MB RAM + 1.2 Ghz Dual core CPU, not working

Anyway my tab has a ATM7029 (ARMv7, 4 x 1,2Ghz) processor. I think that's the average tablet processor. What do you think?
5th June 2014, 04:02 PM |#9  
philos64's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,730
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VasAkos

As I feel l have a ridiculously small free RAM...
But you may be right. Games made by Rockstar won't launch... GTA III, GTA:VC, GTA:SA, and Max Payne will crash. I can get to the Live page on SA but not further.
This page, down a little
Anyway my tab has a ATM7029 (ARMv7, 4 x 1,2Ghz) processor. I think that's the average tablet processor. What do you think?

I'm really sorry but it's not a place for discuss.
I must closed this thread.

Good luck for your search
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ram, root, tablet
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes