Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,575 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to go back to complete stock. or at least retain s off

Tip us?

dagarnx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default how to go back to complete stock. or at least retain s off

I want to get all the newest radio and ota from recent update and I'm currently on CM with Twrp recovery and want to know how to comepletly revert back to stock so I can take those updates. Any help would be appreciated

Uzephi
Old
Thanks Meter 324

DONATE TO ME
Use Santod's flashable updates. You just want radio, there is recovery flashable zip, or there is an ruu mode zip for firmware also.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

dagarnx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzephi View Post
Use Santod's flashable updates. You just want radio, there is recovery flashable zip, or there is an ruu mode zip for firmware also.

Could you refer me to the link or thread? Plus what's the difference between the two?

Uzephi
Old
Thanks Meter 324

DONATE TO ME
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2485319 only difference is one needs fastboot commands and the other flashes in recovery. The recovery flashable one will not update the firmware, just the radio.

BranC85
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagarnx View Post
I want to get all the newest radio and ota from recent update and I'm currently on CM with Twrp recovery and want to know how to comepletly revert back to stock so I can take those updates. Any help would be appreciated
If you want to go back to pure stock but retain s-off and root, flashing the RUU from the thread below worked fine for me. Just like the firmwares mentioned already though, you need to run it from fastboot and it wipes everything including the custom recovery you have loaded. I've never seen a way to update your firmware directly on your phone, just with ADB or fastboot.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2765784

synisterwolf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2151
Ill say this again in here, there is nothing you can flash that will get you back to s-on.
You will need to fastboot command:
Code:
fastboot oem writesecureflag 3
so feel free to flash anything in the development section knowing that you wont loose s-off status.

as for going back to stock. flash the ruu in dev section and you'll be back to 99.9% stock (-minus s-on flag and bootloader locked)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet
You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.
The Following User Says Thank You to synisterwolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]