Ask a question

No registration required

how to go back to complete stock. or at least retain s off

OP dagarnx

2nd June 2014, 05:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

43 posts
I want to get all the newest radio and ota from recent update and I'm currently on CM with Twrp recovery and want to know how to comepletly revert back to stock so I can take those updates. Any help would be appreciated
2nd June 2014, 07:04 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 482

1,438 posts
Donate to Me
More
Use Santod's flashable updates. You just want radio, there is recovery flashable zip, or there is an ruu mode zip for firmware also.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
2nd June 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzephi

Use Santod's flashable updates. You just want radio, there is recovery flashable zip, or there is an ruu mode zip for firmware also.

Could you refer me to the link or thread? Plus what's the difference between the two?
2nd June 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 482

1,438 posts
Donate to Me
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2485319 only difference is one needs fastboot commands and the other flashes in recovery. The recovery flashable one will not update the firmware, just the radio.

4th June 2014, 11:52 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagarnx

I want to get all the newest radio and ota from recent update and I'm currently on CM with Twrp recovery and want to know how to comepletly revert back to stock so I can take those updates. Any help would be appreciated

If you want to go back to pure stock but retain s-off and root, flashing the RUU from the thread below worked fine for me. Just like the firmwares mentioned already though, you need to run it from fastboot and it wipes everything including the custom recovery you have loaded. I've never seen a way to update your firmware directly on your phone, just with ADB or fastboot.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2765784
5th June 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,256

6,542 posts
More
Ill say this again in here, there is nothing you can flash that will get you back to s-on.
You will need to fastboot command:
Code:
fastboot oem writesecureflag 3
so feel free to flash anything in the development section knowing that you wont loose s-off status.

as for going back to stock. flash the ruu in dev section and you'll be back to 99.9% stock (-minus s-on flag and bootloader locked)
The Following User Says Thank You to synisterwolf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread