Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Once again having huge wakelock issues.

OP Katdraken

16th May 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

69 posts
More
I'm getting a wakelock that holds my phone awake about 80% of the time at a wide range of frequencies, not just 200MHz. It's an Android OS and mdm_hsic_pm0 one. I'm currently running the latest CM11 nightly, with the 4.3 Rogers modem. Could someone help me with this?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st May 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

69 posts
More
(This has been a problem for roughly seven months by now. Just saying.)
24th May 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 53

251 posts
mdm_hsic_pm0 wakelock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katdraken

I'm getting a wakelock that holds my phone awake about 80% of the time at a wide range of frequencies, not just 200MHz. It's an Android OS and mdm_hsic_pm0 one. I'm currently running the latest CM11 nightly, with the 4.3 Rogers modem. Could someone help me with this?

No one can help, as far as I know. I have been looking for a solution to this wakelock for many months on XDA and many other forums. It rarely is a problem on touchwiz roms, but I have seen it once on Sky Air causing excessive battery drain. The only solution I have found is to reboot, but it can crop up again at any time.

I have tried every speculative solution I have found. Everything from disabling fast dormancy and other system tweaks, disabling location services, and spent hours disabling one app after another to see if I could determine if an app was causing it, all to no avail. I do not think it is based on data switching from LTE to 3g since I almost always have good LTE signal. One post I read said mdm_hsic_pm0 was a cumulative "bucket" for other wakelocks so there could not even be a single solution, but if it is, I cannot determine which other wakelocks can add up to the extreme battery drain while looking at BBS.

I would prefer to use a non-touchwiz rom since I really like the speed, battery life (when there's not a wakelock), customizations, small system size with fast backups, and file system (extSdCard drives me crazy), but I always go back to a touchwiz rom due to this stupid wakelock. I have been running the touchwiz-based SlimFast (not to be confused with SlimKat) for almost a week without the wakelock. With xposed modules, I have sufficient customizations to keep me happy plus it's pretty fast with good battery life. I will update this post if I ever see a wakelock problem with it.

Edit: The same day I posted this, I was looking at my wife's Note 2, and noticed excessive battery drain, and sure enough, this wakelock was the number 1 drain, despite two hours of screen time. And she is running SlimFast, so even touchwiz rom are not immune. .

If you must run a non-touchwiz rom, here's the best way to battle the wakelock I have found: Put a BBS widget on your homescreen with Boot as the reference. When you notice you have an excessive amount of awake time or a deficient amount of deep sleep, reboot.
Last edited by phoneturf; 25th May 2014 at 03:43 AM.
4th June 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

69 posts
More
Battery Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneturf

No one can help, as far as I know. I have been looking for a solution to this wakelock for many months on XDA and many other forums. It rarely is a problem on touchwiz roms, but I have seen it once on Sky Air causing excessive battery drain. The only solution I have found is to reboot, but it can crop up again at any time.

I have tried every speculative solution I have found. Everything from disabling fast dormancy and other system tweaks, disabling location services, and spent hours disabling one app after another to see if I could determine if an app was causing it, all to no avail. I do not think it is based on data switching from LTE to 3g since I almost always have good LTE signal. One post I read said mdm_hsic_pm0 was a cumulative "bucket" for other wakelocks so there could not even be a single solution, but if it is, I cannot determine which other wakelocks can add up to the extreme battery drain while looking at BBS.

I would prefer to use a non-touchwiz rom since I really like the speed, battery life (when there's not a wakelock), customizations, small system size with fast backups, and file system (extSdCard drives me crazy), but I always go back to a touchwiz rom due to this stupid wakelock. I have been running the touchwiz-based SlimFast (not to be confused with SlimKat) for almost a week without the wakelock. With xposed modules, I have sufficient customizations to keep me happy plus it's pretty fast with good battery life. I will update this post if I ever see a wakelock problem with it.

Edit: The same day I posted this, I was looking at my wife's Note 2, and noticed excessive battery drain, and sure enough, this wakelock was the number 1 drain, despite two hours of screen time. And she is running SlimFast, so even touchwiz rom are not immune. .

If you must run a non-touchwiz rom, here's the best way to battle the wakelock I have found: Put a BBS widget on your homescreen with Boot as the reference. When you notice you have an excessive amount of awake time or a deficient amount of deep sleep, reboot.

Isn't gonna work for me. It gets started up so fast that I'd be burning more power rebooting than the wakelock could.

But yeah, that's really disappointing to hear. Like, why is no one even trying to deal with this bug? Is it really rare or something?
5th June 2014, 03:09 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

48 posts
I've moved from 4.1.2 to 4.4.2 (always customized stock roms, never ASOP because I don't want to lose the stylus) and have noticed an enormous drop in battery life. People have posted that KitKat is "Android on Steroids" and the such, otherwise how do you justify how smooth it looks. Anyway, I wish Google actually released new kernels that actually increase your battery power. All I see is more features, updated UIs, and the same or less battery life. Something's backwards here. You'd think that new ROMs would improve your battery life, instead we see wakelocks and have chase down processes, etc. Kind of sucks.
5th June 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

69 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuelo

I've moved from 4.1.2 to 4.4.2 (always customized stock roms, never ASOP because I don't want to lose the stylus) and have noticed an enormous drop in battery life. People have posted that KitKat is "Android on Steroids" and the such, otherwise how do you justify how smooth it looks. Anyway, I wish Google actually released new kernels that actually increase your battery power. All I see is more features, updated UIs, and the same or less battery life. Something's backwards here. You'd think that new ROMs would improve your battery life, instead we see wakelocks and have chase down processes, etc. Kind of sucks.

The problem is, it's an uncommon problem that CM maintainers figure is rare enough to outright ignore, despite it being known. x_x
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread