Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,283 Members 38,520 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing to new carrier?

Tip us?

MortTheBeast
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Flashing to new carrier?

Few questions:

1. If I do a Factory Reset on a phone thats been flashed to a different carrier, should this wipe-out my carrier info?

2. Is there a way to get the information I need to re-flash the carrier off the phone prior to doing a Factory Reset?

3. If the answer to #2 is Yes... how would I go about this? I.E. what tools would I need?

andreiav
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortTheBeast View Post
Few questions:

1. If I do a Factory Reset on a phone thats been flashed to a different carrier, should this wipe-out my carrier info?

2. Is there a way to get the information I need to re-flash the carrier off the phone prior to doing a Factory Reset?

3. If the answer to #2 is Yes... how would I go about this? I.E. what tools would I need?
You can do a factory reset without worrying. It has nothing to do with the carrier. It won't be touched

MortTheBeast
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreiav View Post
You can do a factory reset without worrying. It has nothing to do with the carrier. It won't be touched
I asked this in the S3 section but no reply yet... I did a factory reset a couple days after I had my phone flashed from Verizon to Selectel and next thing I know my phone was dialing and texting from another phone number and the dude that originally flashed my phone charged me $40 to re-flash the phone and said to never do a Factory Reset again.

I have flashed roms and stuff like that, but never a Carrier so my knowledge is somewhat limited... so if doing a Factory Reset doesn't wipe out that info, then how come my phone starting dialing and texting from another number? My number is area code 267 and it was dialing and texting from some 215 area code.

Matter of fact, yesterday I was noticing my phones network signal was horrible both inside and outside, so I called Selectel and they did something on their end and today my phone is texting from 215 again but dialing from 267. I am stumped.

andreiav
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortTheBeast View Post
I asked this in the S3 section but no reply yet... I did a factory reset a couple days after I had my phone flashed from Verizon to Selectel and next thing I know my phone was dialing and texting from another phone number and the dude that originally flashed my phone charged me $40 to re-flash the phone and said to never do a Factory Reset again.

I have flashed roms and stuff like that, but never a Carrier so my knowledge is somewhat limited... so if doing a Factory Reset doesn't wipe out that info, then how come my phone starting dialing and texting from another number? My number is area code 267 and it was dialing and texting from some 215 area code.

Matter of fact, yesterday I was noticing my phones network signal was horrible both inside and outside, so I called Selectel and they did something on their end and today my phone is texting from 215 again but dialing from 267. I am stumped.
I'm sorry but I've never heard of anything like this. I presume you are in the US. We don't have this in Europe. I thought you were talking about the CSC of the phone or it being SIM locked. Can't help you...sorry.