Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 42,529 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help needed for GT-I9295

Tip us?

gaigo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Help needed for GT-I9295

Hello, i've updated my i9295 to 4.4.2 using the official stock rom for netherlands with odin. (sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=30085)

Model: GT-I9295
Model name: GALAXY S4 Active
PDA: I9295XXUCNE5

The phone started after flash and worked very well, but then after a shutdown, it doesn't work telling me that system process is shutdown, after some seconds it reboots and keep on samsung logo..i've tried to wipe cache etc on recovery, but it works only one time, after one boot and shutdown it does the same. I can't understand why this firmware is not working

The CSC of my phone is different from the one i updated from, and i can't be able to downgrade back to 4.2.2 because of knox restriction..
what can i do to restore a working firmware?
does this unworking depends from CSC Code that needs to be changed?
I've seen that also the PDA code of the firmware is different from the original phone one (I9295XXUBMK3)
If i wait for 4.4.2 firmware with the same PDA, will it be working again? Or there is something else i can do?

waiting for an answer,
Thanks

gaigo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
no one can tell me something about this problem?

terisse
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Hi

Normally CSC don't make troubles.
I advise you to first perform a full wipe in recovery, if this not solve your problem or you want to disable knox, flash super su in CWM.
When you'll launch supersu, it will ask you if you want to disable knox.
The Following User Says Thank You to terisse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gaigo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks for reply,
the recovery full wipe and format for data doesn't help,
but how can i flash super su in CWM? root is needed to use supersu,

Anyway i think i cannot downgrade cause 4.4.2 to 4.2.2, because bootloader block downgrade, or if i disable knox i can downgrade?

terisse
Old
Thanks Meter 7
If you root your present rom you'll be able to de-knox.
Step by step.
1-install ClockWorkMod trough odin
2-Download supersu.zip, place in your phone memory and in CWM go to "install zip" and install supersu
3-reboot and open your brand new app "supersu", it will say you knox was detected and ask if you want to disable.
4-Your phone is rooted and de-knoxed

You can find all these tools in this forum but here they are.
Unzip CWM and flash
don't modify supersu and place it to the root of your phone's internal memory
Attached Files
File Type: zip CWM-Recovery-gt-i9295_v1-2.tar.md5.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.14 MB, 10 views)
File Type: zip SuperSU-v1.99.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.18 MB, 9 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to terisse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gaigo
Old
(Last edited by gaigo; 5th June 2014 at 09:09 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thank you, i was able to do this procedure, getting root and deknoxing using supersu tool,
but i was not able to reistall 4.2.2 firmware cause bootloader still block my attempt when i try to replace the bootloader with the old one

My problem is that i cannot run 4.4.2 cause after 1 boot and 1 shutdown of the device, it doesn't boot anymore, getting stuck on Samsung logo.
I have to wipe data and cache every time i want to run..and so I cannot use the phone

I would like to find a way to return to 4.2.2 stock, or to get this 4.4.2 working more then 1 time after device restart
Is this possible in some way?

Just to remember, i used a firmware with different PDA code from the official of my phone, could it be the cause of the samsung logo after 1 boot?

Thanks

terisse
Old
Thanks Meter 7
mmmmh pretty strange, look like your bootloader is locked like I537.
The CSC do nothing normally, my phone come with a non european CSC and I flash a nordic rom in france.

Did you perform a wipe of dalvik cache (in CWM "advanced" "wipe dalvik") plus the other wipes.
To make a good one, you have to wipe 3 things and the cache is not the most important.
The files build.prop stay in dalvik cache (if my memory's good) and load the new version only when wipe dalvik.
The build.prop is a kind of ID card (maybe the source of your trouble).

gaigo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It doesn't helped, i wiped dalvik but the dalvik folders seems to be not present as i can saw in the logs of recovery...
But when you flashed your firmware, you used the same PDA or different? Have you ever used a different PDA?

To be precise, the second time i try to boot after shutdown it teels me that system process has crashed, the phone do not respond on touch, and then it reboots automatically and get stuck on samsung logo on next boots

I don't know what could be the cause of this, are present log files to investigate what fails in the boot of the system?
The only thing i have doubt is about PDA code of the firmware