Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 45,249 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Clarification about rooting with Knox bootloader

Tip us?

chavist
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Clarification about rooting with Knox bootloader

Good morning XDA, I'm very confused about this whole Knox bootloader fiasco and rooting. I recently received a replacement note 2 from T-mobile with the knox security system installed. In the past I just would connect my device to computer flash a root injected rom and BOOM!!! I have root. The question now is can I still do that with the Knox bootloader, I'm not really concerned about warranty but I don't want to brick the device or lose the IMEI and then need the warranty. Any help greatly appreciated I was planning on using the latest ROM I believe it was posted by MrRobinson.

Thanks for your help

Coug76
Old
Thanks Meter 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavist View Post
Good morning XDA, I'm very confused about this whole Knox bootloader fiasco and rooting. I recently received a replacement note 2 from T-mobile with the knox security system installed. In the past I just would connect my device to computer flash a root injected rom and BOOM!!! I have root. The question now is can I still do that with the Knox bootloader, I'm not really concerned about warranty but I don't want to brick the device or lose the IMEI and then need the warranty. Any help greatly appreciated I was planning on using the latest ROM I believe it was posted by MrRobinson.

Thanks for your help
You can use the MK7 based root66 to achieve your goal. You will have issues if you use one from an earlier release.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement