Ask a question

No registration required

Clarification about rooting with Knox bootloader

OP chavist

5th June 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

311 posts
Good morning XDA, I'm very confused about this whole Knox bootloader fiasco and rooting. I recently received a replacement note 2 from T-mobile with the knox security system installed. In the past I just would connect my device to computer flash a root injected rom and BOOM!!! I have root. The question now is can I still do that with the Knox bootloader, I'm not really concerned about warranty but I don't want to brick the device or lose the IMEI and then need the warranty. Any help greatly appreciated I was planning on using the latest ROM I believe it was posted by MrRobinson.

Thanks for your help
5th June 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag East of Seattle
Thanks Meter: 766

2,010 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavist

Good morning XDA, I'm very confused about this whole Knox bootloader fiasco and rooting. I recently received a replacement note 2 from T-mobile with the knox security system installed. In the past I just would connect my device to computer flash a root injected rom and BOOM!!! I have root. The question now is can I still do that with the Knox bootloader, I'm not really concerned about warranty but I don't want to brick the device or lose the IMEI and then need the warranty. Any help greatly appreciated I was planning on using the latest ROM I believe it was posted by MrRobinson.

Thanks for your help

You can use the MK7 based root66 to achieve your goal. You will have issues if you use one from an earlier release.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread