[question] how to enable htc diagnostics interface via adb or terminal emulator

OP mickeyasamoah

8th May 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 159

710 posts
More
Hello... I have being at this for a long time. I have been googling and searching Xda but no better results. I want to enable the HTC's DIAG MODE via adb-shell or terminal emulator. In most HTC devices running stock HTC ROMS, this can be enabled by entering certain codes in the dailer but it doesnt work on the DESIRE HD's stock rom.
I managed to find some commands.
This one
Code:
echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/android_usb/android0/f_diag/on
And this
Code:
echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/usb_composite/diag/enable
First one works on non sense roms and the second one works on sense roms. They actually trigger the diag mode when they are issued but when i open QPST, it says no phone although it detects the port been opened,same thing applies to DFS. In device manager i can see the HTC DIAGNOSTICS INTERFACE there. I installed the driver but its still wouldnt work.
This leaves me to think that maybe i havent enabled all the functions needed for diagmode to work.
Reason why i have come to this conclusion is that, with the samsung devices, you would have to enter 3 to 4 commands to have the mode activated.

If anyone has been able to activate diagmode on thier HTC device via adb or terminal, pls share. As many people might be depending on this to fix thier devices(changed imeis after jtag).
5th June 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 159

710 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyasamoah

Hello... I have being at this for a long time. I have been googling and searching Xda but no better results. I want to enable the HTC's DIAG MODE via adb-shell or terminal emulator. In most HTC devices running stock HTC ROMS, this can be enabled by entering certain codes in the dailer but it doesnt work on the DESIRE HD's stock rom.
I managed to find some commands.
This one

Code:
echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/android_usb/android0/f_diag/on
And this
Code:
echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/usb_composite/diag/enable
First one works on non sense roms and the second one works on sense roms. They actually trigger the diag mode when they are issued but when i open QPST, it says no phone although it detects the port been opened,same thing applies to DFS. In device manager i can see the HTC DIAGNOSTICS INTERFACE there. I installed the driver but its still wouldnt work.
This leaves me to think that maybe i havent enabled all the functions needed for diagmode to work.
Reason why i have come to this conclusion is that, with the samsung devices, you would have to enter 3 to 4 commands to have the mode activated.

If anyone has been able to activate diagmode on thier HTC device via adb or terminal, pls share. As many people might be depending on this to fix thier devices(changed imeis after jtag).

AnyOne?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread