Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,463 Members 40,448 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] recovery?

Tip us?
 
magikstar
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 468
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Douarnenez (finistère, bretagne, france)

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] recovery?

Hi,i have unlocked my bootloader and now i want to find a custom recovert,4EXT, CWM...?
HTC Desire Z : COOLOS MIUI V4 3.2.22
Alcatel OT 986 : MIUI V4 3.3.22
SE XMP : ExMIUIv4.3 3.2.22
Motorola Droid 4 XT894 : [JB]Mentor's Rom
 
Pixelado
Old
#2  
Pixelado's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 268
Join Date: Jan 2012
Hey there, you seem to have unlocked your bootloader without really knowing what to do next. Pretty much any custom kernel out there has CWM and support for swap and whatnot.

If you plan on keep using stock software, I suggest you flash Rage Kernel (3.0 for GB, 3.2 for ICS).
If you plan on running CyanogenMod (or any other AOSP-based ROM), most of them already come with kernels sporting such features.

good luck
CyanogenMod-loving Xperia Mini Pro user.
 
magikstar
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 468
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Douarnenez (finistère, bretagne, france)

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelado View Post
Hey there, you seem to have unlocked your bootloader without really knowing what to do next. Pretty much any custom kernel out there has CWM and support for swap and whatnot.

If you plan on keep using stock software, I suggest you flash Rage Kernel (3.0 for GB, 3.2 for ICS).
If you plan on running CyanogenMod (or any other AOSP-based ROM), most of them already come with kernels sporting such features.

good luck
there's only cwm avalaible,no 4EXT Recovery?
i love miui rom so i want to find one with no bug.i have selected:

[ROM][ICS 4.0.4][All MDPI]ExMIUIv4.2[Locked & Unlocked BL's] http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2173080

[ROM][JB 4.1.2] [ROM][JB 4.1.2] MIUI v5 BETA 3.10.11 | STABLE | MULTILANG | ALL MDPI | [20/10/13] http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2219729

and the kernel,what kernel to choose for what rom?
HTC Desire Z : COOLOS MIUI V4 3.2.22
Alcatel OT 986 : MIUI V4 3.3.22
SE XMP : ExMIUIv4.3 3.2.22
Motorola Droid 4 XT894 : [JB]Mentor's Rom
 
bejunk
Old
#4  
bejunk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,265
Posts: 1,224
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Berlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikstar View Post
there's only cwm avalaible,no 4EXT Recovery?
i love miui rom so i want to find one with no bug.i have selected:

[ROM][ICS 4.0.4][All MDPI]ExMIUIv4.2[Locked & Unlocked BL's] http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2173080

[ROM][JB 4.1.2] [ROM][JB 4.1.2] MIUI v5 BETA 3.10.11 | STABLE | MULTILANG | ALL MDPI | [20/10/13] http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2219729

and the kernel,what kernel to choose for what rom?
for: [ROM][ICS 4.0.4][All MDPI]ExMIUIv4.2[Locked & Unlocked BL's] ITS STATED ON THREAD:
Recommended kernels for unlocked phones:
-ExTended Stock kernel (tested)
-KrSh kernel (tested)
-Mesa kernel
-Kernel Panic
-or other ICS compatible kernel
(I tested with Panic/KrSh and ExTended on my SK17i)

--> search them on google (''*kernel name* xperia mini xda'')

for [ROM][JB 4.1.2] [ROM][JB 4.1.2] MIUI v5 BETA 3.10.11 | STABLE | MULTILANG | ALL MDPI | [20/10/13:
its also described on thread below downloads

please first do research then ask, atleast READ the whole rom thread (only OP's posts)
.../// LT18i /// LegacyXperia 4.4.4 /// baseband .77 ///...
 
 
magikstar
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 468
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Douarnenez (finistère, bretagne, france)

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejunk View Post
for: [ROM][ICS 4.0.4][All MDPI]ExMIUIv4.2[Locked & Unlocked BL's] ITS STATED ON THREAD:
Recommended kernels for unlocked phones:
-ExTended Stock kernel (tested)
-KrSh kernel (tested)
-Mesa kernel
-Kernel Panic
-or other ICS compatible kernel
(I tested with Panic/KrSh and ExTended on my SK17i)

--> search them on google (''*kernel name* xperia mini xda'')

for [ROM][JB 4.1.2] [ROM][JB 4.1.2] MIUI v5 BETA 3.10.11 | STABLE | MULTILANG | ALL MDPI | [20/10/13:
its also described on thread below downloads

please first do research then ask, atleast READ the whole rom thread (only OP's posts)
i have read but i wanted some advise before flashing something.
where can i found CWM and good tuto to root the device i am on 4.0.2.a.2.62 but the phone say it has no newer version
HTC Desire Z : COOLOS MIUI V4 3.2.22
Alcatel OT 986 : MIUI V4 3.3.22
SE XMP : ExMIUIv4.3 3.2.22
Motorola Droid 4 XT894 : [JB]Mentor's Rom
 
bejunk
Old
#6  
bejunk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,265
Posts: 1,224
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Berlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikstar View Post
i have read but i wanted some advise before flashing something.
where can i found CWM and good tuto to root the device i am on 4.0.2.a.2.62 but the phone say it has no newer version
you can get ICS only thru pc spftware fro sony! (no OTA), BUT IF YOZR BOOTLOADER UNLOCK:

you have to update to ICS via flashtool (google it , for guide!!) (if u do via sony pc software you risk brick)

if you have custom kernel you have CWM. (its inside kernel, to acess press volume down continuesly while kernel logo)

if you plan install custom rom + kernel , then no need to root. bcuz all custom rom & kernel come prerooted. if u still want root stock rom use ''e root'' app
.../// LT18i /// LegacyXperia 4.4.4 /// baseband .77 ///...
 
 
magikstar
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 468
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Douarnenez (finistère, bretagne, france)

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejunk View Post
you can get ICS only thru pc spftware fro sony! (no OTA), BUT IF YOZR BOOTLOADER UNLOCK:

you have to update to ICS via flashtool (google it , for guide!!) (if u do via sony pc software you risk brick)

if you have custom kernel you have CWM. (its inside kernel, to acess press volume down continuesly while kernel logo)

if you plan install custom rom + kernel , then no need to root. bcuz all custom rom & kernel come prerooted. if u still want root stock rom use ''e root'' app
ah yes ok!
i haved unlocked my bootloader when i was in 2.3.4 and using flashtool i haved flashed 4.0.4 without problem
thank you.
HTC Desire Z : COOLOS MIUI V4 3.2.22
Alcatel OT 986 : MIUI V4 3.3.22
SE XMP : ExMIUIv4.3 3.2.22
Motorola Droid 4 XT894 : [JB]Mentor's Rom
The Following User Says Thank You to magikstar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
magikstar
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 468
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Douarnenez (finistère, bretagne, france)

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejunk View Post
you can get ICS only thru pc spftware fro sony! (no OTA), BUT IF YOZR BOOTLOADER UNLOCK:

you have to update to ICS via flashtool (google it , for guide!!) (if u do via sony pc software you risk brick)

if you have custom kernel you have CWM. (its inside kernel, to acess press volume down continuesly while kernel logo)

if you plan install custom rom + kernel , then no need to root. bcuz all custom rom & kernel come prerooted. if u still want root stock rom use ''e root'' app
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikstar View Post
ah yes ok!
i haved unlocked my bootloader when i was in 2.3.4 and using flashtool i haved flashed 4.0.4 without problem
thank you.
I have donwloaded MIUI 3.10.11 mango.zip and LuPuS_mango_jBv8-full.img but i don't know what to do with that,generally i have a rom.zip and a boot.img,i m not familiar with that
HTC Desire Z : COOLOS MIUI V4 3.2.22
Alcatel OT 986 : MIUI V4 3.3.22
SE XMP : ExMIUIv4.3 3.2.22
Motorola Droid 4 XT894 : [JB]Mentor's Rom
 
bejunk
Old
#9  
bejunk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,265
Posts: 1,224
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Berlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikstar View Post
I have donwloaded MIUI 3.10.11 mango.zip and LuPuS_mango_jBv8-full.img but i don't know what to do with that,generally i have a rom.zip and a boot.img,i m not familiar with that
okay there allready some good tuts avaiable so ill post just a bit:

1. backup all you need, if you have ics & a custom kernel do a backup in CWM (can skip, but not synced data (like sms) may be gone)
2. before flashing that kernel, put the rom.zip on your SD card. also look if your rom needs gapps (if yes put also on sd)
3.flash kernel via flashtool like here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1879982 (do all stuff in flasht ool 1st, then at end when prompted connect phine via fastboot to pc )
4. after this directly boot into cwm (continuesly press volume down on kernel logo(may lupus has other button))
5. install rom & maybe other stuff (see install instruction on rom thread)
.done & boot

good lucj
.../// LT18i /// LegacyXperia 4.4.4 /// baseband .77 ///...
 
 
magikstar
Old
#10  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 468
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Douarnenez (finistère, bretagne, france)

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejunk View Post
okay there allready some good tuts avaiable so ill post just a bit:

1. backup all you need, if you have ics & a custom kernel do a backup in CWM (can skip, but not synced data (like sms) may be gone)
2. before flashing that kernel, put the rom.zip on your SD card. also look if your rom needs gapps (if yes put also on sd)
3.flash kernel via flashtool like here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1879982 (do all stuff in flasht ool 1st, then at end when prompted connect phine via fastboot to pc )
4. after this directly boot into cwm (continuesly press volume down on kernel logo(may lupus has other button))
5. install rom & maybe other stuff (see install instruction on rom thread)
.done & boot

good lucj
ok thank you i have win!!
HTC Desire Z : COOLOS MIUI V4 3.2.22
Alcatel OT 986 : MIUI V4 3.3.22
SE XMP : ExMIUIv4.3 3.2.22
Motorola Droid 4 XT894 : [JB]Mentor's Rom

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Get Your Tasks Organized on Android Wear with Agenda Wear

Having a checklist of things you need to do is something we all can find useful at … more

Top 5 LG G3 MODs – XDA Developer TV

The LG G3 has been LG’s breakout hit of the summer. Using their knowledge frombuilding some … more

Make Your Calendar Widget Beautiful with Month

For some of us, summer vacation is alreadyover. For those getting ready to school, work, or … more

Integrate Social Networks Into Your Project With ASNE Library

Social network applications and services have developed into major parts ofour … more