[Q] Google Services Draining Batery

OP Prome7eo

3rd June 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 64

125 posts
More
I uninstalled Google Search from system and installed from the Playstore, then disabled location reporting and my battery seems to go to normal draining
4th June 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 121

620 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxee23

I uninstalled Google Search from system and installed from the Playstore, then disabled location reporting and my battery seems to go to normal draining

How to I uninstall it from system.
I have root of course. I tried root uninstaller from the play store but it just replaced it with the factory version.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk
4th June 2014, 12:26 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirence

How to I uninstall it from system.
I have root of course. I tried root uninstaller from the play store but it just replaced it with the factory version.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk

you don't have to uninstall or install anything
just go to sittings\ security and disable Google reporting
that's all
5th June 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #14  
Flag Kalletal
Thanks Meter: 19

91 posts
More
a little update is coming
On PTCRB there is a new Version certified .233
Maybe this will fix the battery draining.

http://www.ptcrb.com/vendor/complete...?modelid=22622
5th June 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #15  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 153

263 posts
More
I was having this draining problem (happened out of nowhere, a full week after installing the 4.4.2 update).

Uninstalling Google Search and reinstalling it through the Play Store didn't worked (kept having Google Services draining more than 80%).

Setting Location mode to GPS-only didn't worked neither. Turning location off worked, but disabled my location-based apps, has expected.

What did worked for me was going to Setting -> Location-> Location Services (Google Location Report) and disabling both Location Report and Location History.

Now Google Services DOES NOT DRAIN more than 2% of my battery. CPU usage is always low (using CPU Spy Reborn, the 1512 MHz frequency step is pretty much around 2 - 3% of the time, as is the 1026 MHz frequency step - the remaining frequency steps are all at 0 - 1%, with 384 MHz (the lowest step) at 52% and Deep Sleep at 34% of the time).

All this with Location active on high-precision mode. Roughly 5h10min of usage (LTE always on), with PowerAmp playing for more than 4h straight, around 55min screen on and 15min or so of gaming (Zombie Gunship), and the battery is still at 72%.

With 4.3, with the same level of usage (moderate to heavy, I guess) the battery would absolutely be on the 60-65% range.

In other words, disabling both Location Report and Location History worked for me, with zero downsides with regards to location based apps (Google Maps, Waze and GPS Essentials all work perfectly).

Hope this helps. Best regards.
Last edited by Tiu Fiu; 5th June 2014 at 05:46 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiu Fiu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google play service, problem
Previous Thread Next Thread