Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,106 Members 40,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XT926 kit kat issue

Tip us?
 
trapper66
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2014
Location XT926 kit kat issue

First of all sory formy english

I did update two days ago,but I have problem with my phone,it is locking and loose signal telephone and 3g,also battery finishing quickly.What is the problem I tried to enter 3g options but *#*#4636#*#* not working,how can I back 4.1.2 version

thanks you all
 
cmh714
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 78
Join Date: Jul 2009
You cant go back so dont bother trying unless you wish to brick your phone....did you try an fdr
 
trapper66
Old
(Last edited by trapper66; 29th May 2014 at 09:53 PM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh714 View Post
You cant go back so dont bother trying unless you wish to brick your phone....did you try an fdr
yes I did but still same
 
jewbydoo
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 88
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper66 View Post
yes I did but still same
Since you're up to 4.2.2, (assuming locked bootloader?) then there is not much outside of a factory reset to fix your phone's problems.

You might just have to get a warranty replacement.
 
trapper66
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewbydoo View Post
Since you're up to 4.2.2, (assuming locked bootloader?) then there is not much outside of a factory reset to fix your phone's problems.

You might just have to get a warranty replacement.
thank you for answer my friend,what does it mean locked bootloader,how can fix this,ı made just download 4.2.2,nothing else,what should I do
 
iBolski
Old
#6  
iBolski's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 418
Posts: 1,274
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbus
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper66 View Post
thank you for answer my friend,what does it mean locked bootloader,how can fix this,ı made just download 4.2.2,nothing else,what should I do
If you have a locked bootloader, it means the phone is locked down to where you cannot use custom recoveries (like CWM or TWRP) and you cannot flash ROMs that have a different kernel than what is currently on your phone. There's a whole host of other things, but that's the main issue.

Unless your phone is on JB version 9.16.9 or earlier (AND no one has flashed a later version and then flashed back to the previous version), then you cannot unlock the bootloader on this phone anymore.
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast
 
trapper66
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski View Post
If you have a locked bootloader, it means the phone is locked down to where you cannot use custom recoveries (like CWM or TWRP) and you cannot flash ROMs that have a different kernel than what is currently on your phone. There's a whole host of other things, but that's the main issue.

Unless your phone is on JB version 9.16.9 or earlier (AND no one has flashed a later version and then flashed back to the previous version), then you cannot unlock the bootloader on this phone anymore.
Now,I have problem like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-05-16-24-40.png
Views:	58
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	2781977

I can't my phone unlock,I tried this way (motorola offical bootlader way) the and I saw message like this,your phone cannot be unlock

is it normal ?
 
iBolski
Old
#8  
iBolski's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 418
Posts: 1,274
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbus
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper66 View Post
Now,I have problem like this

Attachment 2781977

I can't my phone unlock,I tried this way (motorola offical bootlader way) the and I saw message like this,your phone cannot be unlock

is it normal ?
you cannot unlock the XT926 with the official unlocker from Motorola unless it's the dev edition. Only the XT925 can be unlocked via the Motorola unlocker (at least for the RAZR HD phones).

But, you are already on Kit Kat. You even quoted where I said if you are apply an OTA greater than 9.16.9 version, you CANNOT unlock your bootloader ever. Once you do that on an XT926, you've patched the exploit that allowed unlocking the bootloader and nothing will ever put it back because it's in a protected area that you cannot flash back to a previous version to put the exploit back in.

Sorry, once you took the KitKat upgrade, you've lost any chance of unlocking the bootloader. Don't even try to flash back to a previous version. You'll brick your device. This has been stated over and over and over again since the KitKat ota has been released.
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast
 
trapper66
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski View Post
you cannot unlock the XT926 with the official unlocker from Motorola unless it's the dev edition. Only the XT925 can be unlocked via the Motorola unlocker (at least for the RAZR HD phones).

But, you are already on Kit Kat. You even quoted where I said if you are apply an OTA greater than 9.16.9 version, you CANNOT unlock your bootloader ever. Once you do that on an XT926, you've patched the exploit that allowed unlocking the bootloader and nothing will ever put it back because it's in a protected area that you cannot flash back to a previous version to put the exploit back in.

Sorry, once you took the KitKat upgrade, you've lost any chance of unlocking the bootloader. Don't even try to flash back to a previous version. You'll brick your device. This has been stated over and over and over again since the KitKat ota has been released.
thanks my friend,I totaly understand I must wait to fix or new update, I suppose

you any idea about my problem ? why it's happening,especially phone is on lockscreen,when ı using the phone,tapatalk whatsapp facebook,there is no problem ,when I locked my screen it will be block and restarting,two or three times a day
 
iBolski
Old
#10  
iBolski's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 418
Posts: 1,274
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbus
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper66 View Post
thanks my friend,I totaly understand I must wait to fix or new update, I suppose

you any idea about my problem ? why it's happening,especially phone is on lockscreen,when ı using the phone,tapatalk whatsapp facebook,there is no problem ,when I locked my screen it will be block and restarting,two or three times a day
There is no way to unlock it, ever. Don't wait for a fix, as there is no fix to unlock the bootloader. It was never meant to be unlocked. It was unlocked via a security exploit and that exploit was patched after 9.16.9. There is no way to "fix" it.

As for your phone restarting, I would say a factory data reset is probably your only cure. It wipes everything (including your internal SD card), so be sure to back up what you can, especially pictures, etc.
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Google Chromecast Rootable Once Again!

Over the six months, theGoogle Chromecasthas gained a considerable amount of official functionality. … more

YAATA isn’t Just Another Android Texting App

Although our mobile devices today are capable of executingnearly every task we normally … more

MacroDroid Update Brings Android Wear Automation

A few months ago, we talked about MacroDroid. For those who don’t remember, MacroDroid … more

Droid X Receives KitKat Port, Upcoming Google Glass Firmware Improvements – XDA Developer TV

Android 4.4.3 lands on the European HTC … more