There are some notification forwarder on the Market now, however, since I am already running Tasker, so I wonder if I could use
Tasker + Google's Mirror API
to achieve same thing without running any other APP on my phone, nor on my Glass, and here it is: "Glasker"
"Glasker" encapsulated Mirror API's token and authorization process into several Tasker tasks so you only need to write simple tasker "Profile" based on trigger you want then send anything to Glass!
With "Glasker", you could:
1. Forward ANY Android notification (as far as Tasker can get) to your Glass.
2. Forward Music Track info on your Phone to Glass while playing by Phone.
3. All of communications are just between your phone, Google's cloud and your Glass. Nothing go through another server.
4. You tell me!
Before we start, here are the disclaimer:
1. As Tasker is just plain text, you can see everything how those tasks works. Please review the code before proceed and once you run the tasks, I am not responsible what happened to your phone, your glass, Google's cloud or your washing machine, etc...
2. I am NOT affliated to the author of "Tasker" nor "RESTask for Tasker". Thus I am do NOT know if any of them send your message somewhere else. Don't use this project if you suspect anything.
Okay, Here are the setup steps:
0. Install a Tasker plugin "RESTask for Tasker" https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eehaha.restask This is used to send REST message to Google's cloud. (Tasker's internal PUT doesn't work here...)
1. Setup your OAuth2.0 Client ID and Client secret at https://console.developers.google.com/project (If you have no idea on what I am saying here, I will try to add a walk thru in 3rd post when I got time!)
2. Turn on your Glass and make sure it connected to your phone via MyGlass app. Make sure your phone and Glass can access the network.
3. Import downloaded "Glass.prj.xml" file into Tasker
4. Open task "TimeInZulu" and modify Variable Substract: %deliverytime, xxxxx according to your time zone!
In Taiwan (GMP+0800), xxxxx=8*60*60=28800
In LA, USA (GMP-0800), please change Variable Substract-->Variable add: %deliverytime, 28800
Other time zone please modify as needed or you will not hear a chime when message delivered to your Glass!
5. Run Task "Get Authorization 1" once and input your Client ID, Client secret (Those two variables will be kept in Tasker Variables in PLAIN text since it will be used later), than your default browser will fire
6. After grant yourself with the priviledge of "Glass timeline request", than you will be directed to a web page with a code. Please copy the code.
7. Return to Tasker, than run "Get Authorization 2" (hence Google's Two-Step Authorization....), than input the code you get from last step.
8. Let the Task run a while (10~20 second), then you should see a message on Glass says "My Notification forwarder Setup Completed!" (If not, lease scroll to right of timeline to see this message. It should be the 1st message)
9. Now, go back to Tasker/Profile than setup your trigger. (My default trigger are with Line, a Whatsapp like messanger very popular in Taiwan)
If you find this useful, Thanks button is just a click away! Also, if you can make this project better, please also share what you modified here!