No registration required

[Q] Battery problem?

OP mpernea

3rd June 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Hello,

I have an unlocked HTC One and I think I have some problems with the battery. For example, in the morning when I unplug it from charging and it's 100%, if I use it for like 5 minutes then the battery will drop by 6-7% and I don't think that's normal.

Then I was not at home today and I had like 19% and I decided to power it off. Then I turned it on after like 10 minutes, I had 7% left. I left it on for 10-15 minutes without using and it dropped to 2%. I turned it off again and then I turned it back on after like 5 minutes and it had 6%.

What is going on? Should I do a clean install of the software? I'm using ViperOne 6.2.1.

Thank you!
4th June 2014, 03:58 AM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,378

3,585 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpernea

Hello,

I have an unlocked HTC One and I think I have some problems with the battery. For example, in the morning when I unplug it from charging and it's 100%, if I use it for like 5 minutes then the battery will drop by 6-7% and I don't think that's normal.

Then I was not at home today and I had like 19% and I decided to power it off. Then I turned it on after like 10 minutes, I had 7% left. I left it on for 10-15 minutes without using and it dropped to 2%. I turned it off again and then I turned it back on after like 5 minutes and it had 6%.

What is going on? Should I do a clean install of the software? I'm using ViperOne 6.2.1.

Thank you!

might be some app that is draining your battery, to confirm with gsam battery monitor. Maybe a rom/kernel issue or a bad battery....
5th June 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Alright so I've done what the guy advised here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2765655

Apparently it fixed some of the problems but I still fail to understand this thing: so last night I had 73% battery left. I turned off the phone and then turned it back on after 5 minutes, I had 68% battery left. Why is this?

Also, sometimes the battery level shown while the phone is on does not coincide with the battery level shown in Recovery TWRP. Why is that and what can be done about it?

Thank you!
5th June 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,024

3,727 posts
There is no way to know precisely what proportion of total charge is in a battery, it can only be estimated. Temperature, current drain, and many other factors affect the estimate. I think you're expecting too much.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread