Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 44,193 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone in constant bootloop trying to load recovery

Tip us?

lukin321
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Phone in constant bootloop trying to load recovery

Hey guys. I apologize in advance if this a common issue but I'm on my device now and every time I try to type in the search box, the search box disappears.

Anywho, so for some reason my phone has both Clockworkmod and TWRP recoveries. Whenever I try to access recovery to flash either through ROM Manager, Goo, or the power menu, the phone reboots, attempts to go into recovery and then flashes back to black and tries to go into recovery again.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

I'm using the latest version of CWM.

jdidtht
Old
Thanks Meter 1085
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin321 View Post
Hey guys. I apologize in advance if this a common issue but I'm on my device now and every time I try to type in the search box, the search box disappears.

Anywho, so for some reason my phone has both Clockworkmod and TWRP recoveries. Whenever I try to access recovery to flash either through ROM Manager, Goo, or the power menu, the phone reboots, attempts to go into recovery and then flashes back to black and tries to go into recovery again.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

I'm using the latest version of CWM.
Well, personally I think you could try a couple of things.. First I would try this app if you are able to boot up into the os, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....recoverytools and I would flash philz touch recovery as its compatible with twrp backups as well as cwm to which its based upon. And just flash that one recovery. And fingers crossed you will just have that one recovery. It simple, it will flash the recovery for you, it will download it for you, super easy. Now if that doesn't work, I would start at the beginning and go into download mode and ref lash stock ROM, root, and recovery via Odin.. And that will ensure you have one recovery. Also I'm not a huge fan of the two apps you are using ATM but that's just me.. Easier to just hop into recovery and flash ya know.

lukin321
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdidtht View Post
Well, personally I think you could try a couple of things.. First I would try this app if you are able to boot up into the os, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....recoverytools and I would flash philz touch recovery as its compatible with twrp backups as well as cwm to which its based upon. And just flash that one recovery. And fingers crossed you will just have that one recovery. It simple, it will flash the recovery for you, it will download it for you, super easy. Now if that doesn't work, I would start at the beginning and go into download mode and ref lash stock ROM, root, and recovery via Odin.. And that will ensure you have one recovery. Also I'm not a huge fan of the two apps you are using ATM but that's just me.. Easier to just hop into recovery and flash ya know.

Many thanks! I'll give that a shot.
The Following User Says Thank You to lukin321 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]