Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,938 Members 49,534 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Mobile network crisis after flash

Tip us?

Guilleves
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Mobile network crisis after flash

So, I'm having some issues regarding my recently flashed XSP C5302.

Model: C5302
Android Version: 4.3
Baseband version: 8960A-AAAAATAZQ-40031007-18
Build number: 12.1.A.1.201

I'm on locked BL.

Thing is, I flashed it as soon as I got my hands on it due to that annoying flickering screen, tried to downgrade it to 4.2.1. It was the first time I did that, so I went through many tuts to get it right.

At first I flashed a .254 rom, and when I entered the About screen, model had switched to C5303. What I did was follow DoomLord's guide to root it, instal CWR and flashed a deodexed .254 rom for C5302(this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2423625). Everything back to normal.

But then I noticed my mobile data wasn't working, so I thought it may have been fault of the deodexed rom. Sooo, I upgraded it AGAIN to 4.3 using PC Companion, just to find out that the mobile issue was not having the APN correctly configured. Sigh.

And well, I'm now stuck again on 4.3, but at least my mobile data package is working. However, it's extremely slow. I mean, I can see the H and H+ icon, but even on H+ it takes ages to send messages and connect. At first I wondered if the baseband had anything to do with it, but when I flashed the rom I checked everything but Kernel and System, so...

So my question is, is it possible that I did something that "damaged" my mobile data connectivity? If so, could somebody please suggest any solution? I must say, my service provider sucks, so it could be their problem too, and I'm just here crying over spilled milk with no reason at all.

Thanks in advance!

Parkside
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Probably your service provider - I must have tried 100's of custom roms and whilst some have meant that data didn't work, this was caused by buggy software, never damage to the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Parkside For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Guilleves
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkside View Post
Probably your service provider - I must have tried 100's of custom roms and whilst some have meant that data didn't work, this was caused by buggy software, never damage to the phone.
Yes, I'm pretty sure too, but oh I was so damn worried! Thanks