Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,690 Members 48,157 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ZIP] Empty Flashable Kernel Zip Template

Tip us?
 
andybones
Old
(Last edited by andybones; 13th May 2014 at 06:41 AM.)
#1  
andybones's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8857
Posts: 9,206
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Upstate NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [ZIP] Empty Flashable Kernel Zip Template

Some people aren't sure how to create a flash-able zip. So here is a template zip file.
If you want to edit the updater-script (what shows up in recovery when you choose the .zip to flash. It it's in META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script, edit with notepad++, and edit in between the parentheses ui_print("Put Your Text Here");

add your boot.img to the spot where there is already a boot.img and replace it with yours
Most Kernels require different system/libs/modules
I added a spot for you to add these as well.


http://d-h.st/MfA


No need to seek permission for this or give any credits. Just something for those who need it.
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to andybones For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
andybones
Old
#2  
andybones's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8857
Posts: 9,206
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Upstate NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Saved.
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.
 
droidkevlar
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 473
Posts: 2,426
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones View Post
Some people aren't sure how to create a flash-able zip. So here is a template zip file.
If you want to edit the updater-script (what shows up in recovery when you choose the .zip to flash. It it's in META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script, edit with notepad++, and edit in between the parentheses ui_print("Put Your Text Here");

add your boot.img to the spot where there is already a boot.img and replace it with yours
Most Kernels require different system/libs/modules
I added a spot for you to add these as well.


http://d-h.st/MfA


No need to seek permission for this or give any credits. Just something for those who need it.
Would this work if we want to make a flashable zip for certain files? Say frameworks, systemui, etc?
Current Device: LG G3 r00ted

InsertCoin M8 SVN Builds - Click Here
 
holla420
Old
#4  
holla420's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1083
Posts: 2,858
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta,Ga
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidkevlar View Post
Would this work if we want to make a flashable zip for certain files? Say frameworks, systemui, etc?
Yes it should work

Sent from my Insanely powered M8 using Tapatalk
Vzw HTC one M8-current device
Vzw S4-gf using it
Vzw Droid DNA-finally sold it
Vzw Galaxy nexus-sold
Droid Razr-retired
HTC Thunderbolt-buried in my backyard
LG Revolution-using as a table propper
 
droidkevlar
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 473
Posts: 2,426
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by holla420 View Post
Yes it should work

Sent from my Insanely powered M8 using Tapatalk
So I would just need to update the updater-script, correct? And remove the boot.img file?
Current Device: LG G3 r00ted

InsertCoin M8 SVN Builds - Click Here
 
andybones
Old
#6  
andybones's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8857
Posts: 9,206
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Upstate NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidkevlar View Post
So I would just need to update the updater-script, correct? And remove the boot.img file?
No.. Use this thread for that..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2745680
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.
The Following User Says Thank You to andybones For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Make Your Own DIY Capacitive Stylus

The XDA Portal is a place where we like to talkabout things that are interesting, fun, and sometimes … more

Remove Unnecessary WhatsApp Elements with Xposed

In modern life, you can’t underestimate the power ofthe dark sidemessaging … more