Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,164 Members 49,808 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WOW.. LG reapir service is really bad!

Tip us?
 
hhhstonehhh
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 115
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default WOW.. LG reapir service is really bad!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2731991

i sent my lg g2, because of software issued,

and now i got back mine today and it said

"physical damaged"

"this product is damaged and not repairable. our inspection results are as follows:Board bent"

what...?? board bent?? physical damaged??

i called them and they said we cant help you because its physical damaged . hahaha

i never drop my phone and it worked perfectly until i made software mistake and they inspected board bent

wow im throwing this LG out, im glad i bought note 3

borad bent wow.. if they cant fixed it they should send out a refurnished model or something or replace board

board bent ..what a crap lol
 
abhinav.tella
Old
(Last edited by abhinav.tella; 15th May 2014 at 04:49 AM.)
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 454
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Minneapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhhstonehhh View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2731991

i sent my lg g2, because of software issued,

and now i got back mine today and it said

"physical damaged"

"this product is damaged and not repairable. our inspection results are as follows:Board bent"

what...?? board bent?? physical damaged??

i called them and they said we cant help you because its physical damaged . hahaha

i never drop my phone and it worked perfectly until i made software mistake and they inspected board bent

wow im throwing this LG out, im glad i bought note 3

borad bent wow.. if they cant fixed it they should send out a refurnished model or something or replace board

board bent ..what a crap lol
I have good experiences with them, sorry to hear what happened, I'd probably feel the same way if that happened to me.

Try sending it to a regular repair shop, costs a little more. I'm guessing you have no LG authorised repair shops nearby?

Just as an example my cousin in India gave his Nokia N73 to a Nokia repair shop because it got white screen and no charge. Store claimed water damage and said cost would be high (wanted to replace motherboard). We went to another Nokia shop and he repaired it quickly saying it was just a software problem.

LG G2
LS980 (Sprint)
(Stock ZVC Rom)
Past Devices: HTC Butterfly, HTC One X - Tegra 3, LG Nitro HD, LG G2x, Samsung Vibrant, Samsung Galaxy 3, Nokia 5800, Motorola Razr Maxx, Palm Treo 650
 
bykim5
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 158
Join Date: Dec 2011
Uh..is it really bent? Did they even look at it, ie open it up? U coul prob get good chunk of change for it
 
Ascertion
Old
#4  
Ascertion's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,038
Posts: 2,371
Join Date: Mar 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
I wiped EFS on accident awhile back and sent my phone into LG repair hoping it wouldn't cost a lot. Turns out I have a bad "power board" and they fixed it and sent me my device back for free. It sucks that your situation was different. I wonder what really happened when they were at the warehouse/repair center.

Sent from my LG-LS980
 
hhhstonehhh
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 115
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascertion View Post
I wiped EFS on accident awhile back and sent my phone into LG repair hoping it wouldn't cost a lot. Turns out I have a bad "power board" and they fixed it and sent me my device back for free. It sucks that your situation was different. I wonder what really happened when they were at the warehouse/repair center.

Sent from my LG-LS980
yea i just sold my g2 on ebay for cheap price,

me too i wonder what really happened in the reparie center, who knows maybe they broke my device and tried to hide the mistake
 
hhhstonehhh
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 115
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bykim5 View Post
Uh..is it really bent? Did they even look at it, ie open it up? U coul prob get good chunk of change for it
i dont think so, since i never drop or physically damaged my phone, i believe its defected product or they're just lying, well but what can i do
 
RawCarnage
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 33
Join Date: Oct 2013
yea i agree they were probably trying to dodge you man. Iv never had a problem with lg customer support for other stuff i owned from them. it is weird they did this though.
 
baublitz
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 86
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhhstonehhh View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2731991

i sent my lg g2, because of software issued,

and now i got back mine today and it said

"physical damaged"

"this product is damaged and not repairable. our inspection results are as follows:Board bent"

what...?? board bent?? physical damaged??

i called them and they said we cant help you because its physical damaged . hahaha

i never drop my phone and it worked perfectly until i made software mistake and they inspected board bent

wow im throwing this LG out, im glad i bought note 3

borad bent wow.. if they cant fixed it they should send out a refurnished model or something or replace board

board bent ..what a crap lol

Same situation here... except that I do not have a spare smartphone. They said "board bent" wtf!?!?!? I never dropped it or dared to open it, how would you open a 1 piece phone? They lied, or else it was a defect. I wiped EFS by mistake so I can't even use it. What should I ask them to have it warrantied again?
 
squeeks716
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 49
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by baublitz View Post
Same situation here... except that I do not have a spare smartphone. They said "board bent" wtf!?!?!? I never dropped it or dared to open it, how would you open a 1 piece phone? They lied, or else it was a defect. I wiped EFS by mistake so I can't even use it. What should I ask them to have it warrantied again?
Board bent? Isn't that a FEATURE of the LG Flex? Geeze. I sent mine g2 in to repair the vibrate motor and got it back fixed no problem. Sorry that your experience was bad...
 
that_guy_right_there
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jun 2014
I would get a second opinion at a phone repair shop, some give free estimates. If cant be fix sell it for parts and get some money, just a thought. Seen ur other thread, did you TOT the device to see if that helps, i have TOT several times to fix my fkups lol

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top 5 LG G3 MODs – XDA Developer TV

The LG G3 has been LG’s breakout hit of the summer. Using their knowledge frombuilding some … more

Make Your Calendar Widget Beautiful with Month

For some of us, summer vacation is alreadyover. For those getting ready to school, work, or … more

Integrate Social Networks Into Your Project With ASNE Library

Social network applications and services have developed into major parts ofour … more

Give Your Android Wear Device a Lock Screen with Lockable

Without a doubt,Android Wear is one of the most frequently talked abouttopics of … more