Default [Q] Stuck on red logo after trying to return to stock

The last post in this thread was Aug 2013 so I hope someone can help

My Motorola Triumph is stuck on the red Motorola logo and won't go any further after trying to return to stock

I'm following these instructions here from this thread
http://androidforums.com/triumph-all...ml#post3048801

Here are the steps I took

1) My starting point, I'm already rooted and have CWM installed with a custom rom i.e update-cm-7.1.0-TG-Beta-0.8-Triumph-signed

2) I have the stock backup files 'Stock Triumph 1980 01 06.00.00.34.7z' unzipped and copied to the sd card in this folder/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup

3) I'm trying to follow the thread here http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-
things-root/392756-100-stock-nandroid-backup-stock-recovery.html#post3048801

4) I've downloaded the stock recovery.img file which is extracted

5) I can go to the polling download (hold down power and volume down button) and connect my usb cable and I a new drive in Windows for the MOBILE drive and the IMAGEfolder containing the current CWM recovery.img file

6) I can make a backup of the CWM recovery.img file e,g call it CWM_recovery.img

7) I can drop my stock recovery.img file (from step 4) to the IMAGE folder

8) I can remove the battery and hold down power and both volume buttons and try and get back to CMW to restore the stock files

9) But my problem is getting back to CWM to do a restore of the stock files. I can't do that now, because the recovery.img file is now replaced with the stock recovery.img file

How do I do that ?

A) Am I supposed to not do it in this order and instead, at step 1 when I'm already in CMW, restore the stock files in the backup folder of the sd card WITHOUT the stock recovery.img file in place at that point in time ?

B) I tried that and the stock restore progresses to the end and I power off in
the CWM menu. I plug in the USB cord and hold down power and volume down to go into polling mode and within Windows I can copy the stock recovery.img file to the IMAGE folder.

C) I'm assuming at this point, the stock files are restored and the correct stock recovery.img file is in the IMAGE folder

D) I then pull the battery and just try and power up. I don't know if I'm supposed to just boot up or do something else.

E) I try and boot up but the Triumph just sits there with a red logo and doesn't progress to any stock Virgin Mobile screens

Can you help