Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,138 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TWRP Backup from T-Mobile M919 to AT&T I337?

Tip us?

djmasters
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] TWRP Backup from T-Mobile M919 to AT&T I337?

Swapping from T-mobile to AT&T, couldn't unlock the T-Mobile phone to get it working on AT&T. Can I make a TWRP backup of CM11M6 install on the M919 and restore it to the I337?

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmasters View Post
Swapping from T-mobile to AT&T, couldn't unlock the T-Mobile phone to get it working on AT&T. Can I make a TWRP backup of CM11M6 install on the M919 and restore it to the I337?
You probably can't get twrp on the i337. Any firmware newer than mdl and it won't work

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djmasters
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks! Probably better to install fresh and restore what I can from Titanium Backup anyways. I got the phone used and it looks like the previous owner installed SafeStrap, I'd never heard of it before but I think I can see the usefulness of it... Anyhow, SafeStrap appears to use TWRP.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmasters View Post
Thanks! Probably better to install fresh and restore what I can from Titanium Backup anyways. I got the phone used and it looks like the previous owner installed SafeStrap, I'd never heard of it before but I think I can see the usefulness of it... Anyhow, SafeStrap appears to use TWRP.
Safestrap is a recovery based on twrp. Find out your firmware version. It'll determine what you can do with the phone. Sounds like it's already rooted with safestrap so you don't have to go through that headache. You'll only be able to flash touch wiz based roms. Look in the general forum for info based on your firmware version

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

djmasters
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Safestrap is a recovery based on twrp. Find out your firmware version. It'll determine what you can do with the phone. Sounds like it's already rooted with safestrap so you don't have to go through that headache. You'll only be able to flash touch wiz based roms. Look in the general forum for info based on your firmware version
I loves me some CM11 !!!! This could be a deal breaker.... I know, I know... I got myself into this fine mess.