Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] TWRP Backup from T-Mobile M919 to AT&T I337?

OP djmasters

5th June 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 5

61 posts
More
Swapping from T-mobile to AT&T, couldn't unlock the T-Mobile phone to get it working on AT&T. Can I make a TWRP backup of CM11M6 install on the M919 and restore it to the I337?
5th June 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,935

11,252 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmasters

Swapping from T-mobile to AT&T, couldn't unlock the T-Mobile phone to get it working on AT&T. Can I make a TWRP backup of CM11M6 install on the M919 and restore it to the I337?

You probably can't get twrp on the i337. Any firmware newer than mdl and it won't work

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Austin, TX

61 posts
More
Thanks! Probably better to install fresh and restore what I can from Titanium Backup anyways. I got the phone used and it looks like the previous owner installed SafeStrap, I'd never heard of it before but I think I can see the usefulness of it... Anyhow, SafeStrap appears to use TWRP.
5th June 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,935

11,252 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmasters

Thanks! Probably better to install fresh and restore what I can from Titanium Backup anyways. I got the phone used and it looks like the previous owner installed SafeStrap, I'd never heard of it before but I think I can see the usefulness of it... Anyhow, SafeStrap appears to use TWRP.

Safestrap is a recovery based on twrp. Find out your firmware version. It'll determine what you can do with the phone. Sounds like it's already rooted with safestrap so you don't have to go through that headache. You'll only be able to flash touch wiz based roms. Look in the general forum for info based on your firmware version

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
5th June 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Austin, TX

61 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Safestrap is a recovery based on twrp. Find out your firmware version. It'll determine what you can do with the phone. Sounds like it's already rooted with safestrap so you don't have to go through that headache. You'll only be able to flash touch wiz based roms. Look in the general forum for info based on your firmware version

I loves me some CM11 !!!! This could be a deal breaker.... I know, I know... I got myself into this fine mess.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread