Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,312 Members 38,909 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Reverting back to stock for OTA?

Tip us?

rogeriorp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Default [Q] Reverting back to stock for OTA?

I do realize I need to get both the stock recovery and kernel back in order to install a OTA update and that's easy but in my case, I'd have to disable Xposed (or it's modules), revert back stock navbar with Softkeyz and even get stock GPU binaries and uninstall/disable ViPER audio fx?

Excuse my ignorance but I am a first timer on this position - also if this could be asked on a thread, I'd ask for a moderator to move it (I ran a search but would like a personal answer on this one).

rogeriorp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Bump, can anyone give me a solid answer?

rogeriorp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Guys?.. (spam is unintentional, it's a simple question)

serophia
Old
(Last edited by serophia; 6th June 2014 at 08:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 37
If you deleted apps or did mods to your build.props download your firmware from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14, you can find your firmware in "Settings" "About" "System Version" once you see it find the same version in the link i gave you and download it. Extract it to your folder that has fastboot and mfastboot and just flash the system.img, NOTE: to this while in bootloader mode. Example: mfastboot flash system system.img If you have other mods such as modifying systemui then find someone to upload stock ui so you can replace. If you don't know how to revert back to stock kernel in the same zip firmware you downloaded move the boot.img into your fastboot and mfastboot folder and open command window here and type in fastboot flash boot boot.img. This will give you stock kernel as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to serophia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rogeriorp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by serophia View Post
If you deleted apps or did mods to your build.props download your firmware from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14, you can find your firmware in "Settings" "About" "System Version" once you see it find the same version in the link i gave you and download it. Extract it to your folder that has fastboot and mfastboot and just flash the system.img, NOTE: to this while in bootloader mode. Example: mfastboot flash system system.img If you have other mods such as modifying systemui then find someone to upload stock ui so you can replace. If you don't know how to revert back to stock kernel in the same zip firmware you downloaded move the boot.img into your fastboot and mfastboot folder and open command window here and type in fastboot flash boot boot.img. This will give you stock kernel as well.
Thanks.

I see but I didn't remove or modded anything, only the stuff mentioned above. Just wondering if I'd have to flash the firmware again.

serophia
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogeriorp View Post
Thanks.

I see but I didn't remove or modded anything, only the stuff mentioned above. Just wondering if I'd have to flash the firmware again.

Just to be safe just flash the system.img and the stock recovery and boot.img and you should be good to go. I have a moto X and all i flashed was stock recovery, system.img and disabled xposed and was able to flash my 4.4.3 ota via stock recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to serophia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]