Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 51,882 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CM11 nightlies useable yet? ~late May 2014

Tip us?
 
Kalm_Traveler
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 217
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default [Q] CM11 nightlies useable yet? ~late May 2014

Just wondering if anyone has already been using the latest CM nightlies?

If so, are they mostly workable or should we wait for a stable release before trusting it for daily use?

back on my S3 I was on CM (including nightlies) from an early point but that phone at least had official status, where our Note 3 does not seem to yet...

Thanks!
LG G2x - Eaglesblood AOSP - sold
Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10 - sold
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - CM11 nightlies - current
 
papi5120
Old
#2  
papi5120's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 95
Posts: 339
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: central islip, NY
This phone has had official nightlies for a while

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2653031

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
HTC G1 - dead
MOTOROLA Clik - destroyed
SAMSUNG Galaxy S Vibrant - given to brother
HTC One S - sold
SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 - sold
GOOGLE / LG Nexus 4 - in my pants
 
Kalm_Traveler
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 217
Join Date: Dec 2011
I know it has nightlies, as I said.

If you look on their website under Devices, it is not listed yet.

Anyway, have you tried them recently?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
LG G2x - Eaglesblood AOSP - sold
Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10 - sold
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - CM11 nightlies - current
 
papi5120
Old
#4  
papi5120's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 95
Posts: 339
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: central islip, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalm_Traveler View Post
I know it has nightlies, as I said.

If you look on their website under Devices, it is not listed yet.

Anyway, have you tried them recently?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
All the the lte models use the same unified builds. they don't make builds for each separate model anymore

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
HTC G1 - dead
MOTOROLA Clik - destroyed
SAMSUNG Galaxy S Vibrant - given to brother
HTC One S - sold
SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 - sold
GOOGLE / LG Nexus 4 - in my pants
 
Kalm_Traveler
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 217
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by papi5120 View Post
All the the lte models use the same unified builds. they don't make builds for each separate model anymore

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Sorry I was mistaken and apparently not very clear.

Have you tried the recent nightlies or not? and if so, are you therefore able to offer any helpful answer to my original post question? To be specific, I am wanting to know if the recent HLTE nightlies are relatively stable yet, if all the typically-needed functions of an Android smartphone are working, and if the battery life is within generally-acceptable limits (IE somewhat near at least factory life between needing a recharge). Hopefully that clears up the confusion.

-side note, I meant there is no sub-forum for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 yet at http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/

Seemingly there are sub-forums for Samsung's previous devices, however.
LG G2x - Eaglesblood AOSP - sold
Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10 - sold
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - CM11 nightlies - current
 
Shawn
Old
#6  
Shawn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 135
Posts: 753
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Louisville

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalm_Traveler View Post
Sorry I was mistaken and apparently not very clear.

Have you tried the recent nightlies or not? and if so, are you therefore able to offer any helpful answer to my original post question? To be specific, I am wanting to know if the recent HLTE nightlies are relatively stable yet, if all the typically-needed functions of an Android smartphone are working, and if the battery life is within generally-acceptable limits (IE somewhat near at least factory life between needing a recharge). Hopefully that clears up the confusion.

-side note, I meant there is no sub-forum for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 yet at http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/

Seemingly there are sub-forums for Samsung's previous devices, however.
Just because there isn't a sub-forum doesn't mean anything bro. Yes they're stable, have been for a good while now. Not hard to find out, use the search button. I'm on the latest nightly and it runs fine.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
 
Kalm_Traveler
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 217
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Just because there isn't a sub-forum doesn't mean anything bro. Yes they're stable, have been for a good while now. Not hard to find out, use the search button. I'm on the latest nightly and it runs fine.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
Thanks bro. That's all I was looking for in the first place.

Been using the search button for years, but did not find an official thread in our forum here on xda. Use the search button and you'll see what i mean

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
LG G2x - Eaglesblood AOSP - sold
Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10 - sold
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - CM11 nightlies - current
 
muqali
Old
#8  
muqali's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 95
Posts: 620
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Unfortunately, Mexico
I noticed camera quirks and had Chrome cast issues. Went back to a TV ROM. It's usable for the most part though.
Android FOSS Repository - http://f-droid.org/
 
icenight89
Old
#9  
icenight89's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 718
Posts: 2,602
Join Date: Dec 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
No camera quirks on latest 05/26 build, and using AllCast for my DLNA playback via TV WiFi, works great
 
Kalm_Traveler
Old
#10  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 217
Join Date: Dec 2011
Thanks guys. I have been using a nightly from last week for a few days and it's pretty stable! A few random reboots and I can't seem to get nfc to work but other than that it's great

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
LG G2x - Eaglesblood AOSP - sold
Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10 - sold
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - CM11 nightlies - current

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


How to Factory Reset your Samsung Gear Live Android Wear SmartWatch – XDA Developer TV

Do you want to Factory Reset your Samsung Gear … more

Get Your Special xda:devcon ’14 Hotel And Conference Rate While It Lasts

By now you’ve definitely heard about XDA’s … more

Google Chromecast Rootable Once Again!

Over the six months, theGoogle Chromecasthas gained a considerable amount of official functionality. … more

YAATA isn’t Just Another Android Texting App

Although our mobile devices today are capable of executingnearly every task we normally … more