Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,681 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP SOS! 911 Note 3 Freaking Out

Tip us?
 
doctorc501
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: May 2014
Unhappy [Q] HELP SOS! 911 Note 3 Freaking Out

Have a Note 3, rooted, flashed Jedi Elite about 3 months ago, works like a champ.

Randomly today during normal usage, phone froze, reset, then gives me this message

"Device memory damaged - the data partition has been corrupted. You need to reset your device to factory defaults. This will erase all the data on your device"

Tried that, didn't change anything (booted right back to the same screen), Went into the bootloader, wiped the cache, no change, tried a factory reset from there, no change, tried 're-rooting' it (a suggestion online), root worked, no change ( still booting to the same screen )

Help! Can't find any help online, in desperate need of guidance.
 
mdiaz33685
Old
#2  
mdiaz33685's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 492
Posts: 976
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorc501 View Post
Have a Note 3, rooted, flashed Jedi Elite about 3 months ago, works like a champ.

Randomly today during normal usage, phone froze, reset, then gives me this message

"Device memory damaged - the data partition has been corrupted. You need to reset your device to factory defaults. This will erase all the data on your device"

Tried that, didn't change anything (booted right back to the same screen), Went into the bootloader, wiped the cache, no change, tried a factory reset from there, no change, tried 're-rooting' it (a suggestion online), root worked, no change ( still booting to the same screen )

Help! Can't find any help online, in desperate need of guidance.
if you have no choice, I would recommend flashing through ODIN the new firmware, or which ever firmware you have installed on your phone..

goto recovery,, wipe system, data, cache, dalvik cache, then ODIN your firmware.. this way you will have a fresh clean install, see what happens after that,
Black - SG Note 3 T-Mo USA - SM-N900T | TWRP 2720 | My Stock Rooted 4.4.2 | 64gb Samsung | N900TUVUDNF9
White - SG Note 3 T-Mo USA - SM-N900T | TWRP 2720 | My Stock Rooted 4.4.2 | N900TUVUDNF9
Sprint SG TAB3 7in - SM-T217S | TWRP 2700 | My Stock Rooted 4.4.2 - T217SVPUBNE7
SG TAB2 10.1 = GT-P5113 < | > SG TAB2 7in GT-P3113 = Not Rooted 4.2.2
My Threads - T-Mo SG Note 3 | SG Note 3 | SG Tab 3 7in T217S | My Stock ODEX Roms and Firmware's Web Site...
 
doctorc501
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: May 2014
Default 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiaz33685 View Post
if you have no choice, I would recommend flashing through ODIN the new firmware, or which ever firmware you have installed on your phone..

goto recovery,, wipe system, data, cache, dalvik cache, then ODIN your firmware.. this way you will have a fresh clean install, see what happens after that,
Tried, everything seemed to go well, but on boot up after flashing the ROM, same screen about corruption of memory.

Seems like I might want to try the re-partition option, which requires a pit file, but can't find the right file (SM-N900T)
 
jdidtht
Old
#4  
jdidtht's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,135
Posts: 2,075
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: minneapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorc501 View Post
Tried, everything seemed to go well, but on boot up after flashing the ROM, same screen about corruption of memory.

Seems like I might want to try the re-partition option, which requires a pit file, but can't find the right file (SM-N900T)
After boot up of the stock ROM it still said that?

 
steve97ta
Old
#5  
steve97ta's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 938
Posts: 2,972
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
If you Odin the stock room boot into the stock recovery and factory reset. You can also do this in the settings menu under storage. This will wipe your phone

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
-Steve O
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes