Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Mobile Data Disconnecting

OP RoboticBandit

5th June 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

11 posts
I've been having regular issues with my data connection dropping out, sometimes 2 - 3 times a day.

Most of the time, the data icon is still visible in the status bar, but no pages load. The status bar data toggle off / on gets it connected again. Sometimes however, the data icon goes away and only a reboot or toggling flight mode brings it back.

I'm running Ditto Note 3 (KK), but had similar issues on previous custom roms and stock 4.3. I don't remember having any problems with the original Jelly Bean. A friend also has the same issues which started around the same time, on stock unrooted Samsung 4.3. We're both on Orange (UK).

Is this a software issue, or could it be anything to do with the SIM card?
5th June 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,748

2,877 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboticBandit

I've been having regular issues with my data connection dropping out, sometimes 2 - 3 times a day.

Most of the time, the data icon is still visible in the status bar, but no pages load. The status bar data toggle off / on gets it connected again. Sometimes however, the data icon goes away and only a reboot or toggling flight mode brings it back.

I'm running Ditto Note 3 (KK), but had similar issues on previous custom roms and stock 4.3. I don't remember having any problems with the original Jelly Bean. A friend also has the same issues which started around the same time, on stock unrooted Samsung 4.3. We're both on Orange (UK).

Is this a software issue, or could it be anything to do with the SIM card?

It seems more like a modem related issue ,since you rooted try the newest modem which is ND3 ,flash it via recovery

ND3 Modem

Only download the modem file not the ril file.
5th June 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87

It seems more like a modem related issue ,since you rooted try the newest modem which is ND3 ,flash it via recovery

ND3 Modem

Only download the modem file not the ril file.

Thanks, I'm already on ND3 though. Is it worth downgrading the modem?
6th June 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,748

2,877 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboticBandit

Thanks, I'm already on ND3 though. Is it worth downgrading the modem?

Search for hurricane modem changer tool for note 2 . In that thread download version 5 of the zip file it's an aroma file where you can see different modems try them and see which gives you best data connection

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread