[Q] Can anyone ELI5 what to do next.

OP WorseDoughnut

6th June 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Alright, so I think I've gone about this the right way so far, and since there doesn't seem to be any definitive literature on what to do next, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this:

So, my Verizon HTC One m7 shows that it is unlocked and has S-OFF from the boot screen, and I was able to flash to the TWRP recovery (unofficial version v2.7.0.4b-santod) using ADB.

My end goal is to install this ROM and my first question is; is there a more recent / more stable build for TWRP that I should be using? [see 3rd question is yes]

Second question is; after either switching recoveries, all I have to do is hit install on the TWRP menu, and select the .zip from the internal storage right?

And as a third / follow-up question to my first question; can someoen direct me to a guide on how to flash the recovery using ADB or perhaps and easier method? It's been a month or so since i first did it and I didnt save the steps I followed anywhere.
6th June 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #2  
Flag Olathe
Thanks Meter: 188

669 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorseDoughnut

Alright, so I think I've gone about this the right way so far, and since there doesn't seem to be any definitive literature on what to do next, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this:

So, my Verizon HTC One m7 shows that it is unlocked and has S-OFF from the boot screen, and I was able to flash to the TWRP recovery (unofficial version v2.7.0.4b-santod) using ADB.

My end goal is to install this ROM and my first question is; is there a more recent / more stable build for TWRP that I should be using? [see 3rd question is yes]

Second question is; after either switching recoveries, all I have to do is hit install on the TWRP menu, and select the .zip from the internal storage right?

And as a third / follow-up question to my first question; can someoen direct me to a guide on how to flash the recovery using ADB or perhaps and easier method? It's been a month or so since i first did it and I didnt save the steps I followed anywhere.

There is a TWRP 2.7.0.8. Also, you can flash recoveries with an app called Flashify if you don't want to use fastboot (always good to know though). Before you install your new Rom, you'll want to do a full wipe. Then, you got it, go back to install and select your Rom.zip.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
6th June 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brholt6

There is a TWRP 2.7.0.8.

Do you know if MDMower's build is compatible? that's the one i keep finding on google.

Also what about the TWRP official 2.7.1.0 build? Or should I stick to 2.7.0.8?
Last edited by WorseDoughnut; 6th June 2014 at 01:21 AM.
6th June 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #4  
Flag Olathe
Thanks Meter: 188

669 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorseDoughnut

Do you know if MDMower's build is compatible? that's the one i keep finding on google.

Also what about the TWRP official 2.7.1.0 build? Or should I stick to 2.7.0.8?

You'll want to get anything you flash on this phone from the Verizon HTC One forums (or if it says it's for the vzw version). Here's a link to our TWRP thread. The MDMower build is linked under downloads in the first post.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2416431

Also I saw in the link on that thread, there is a 2.7.1.0 for us. Not sure what's changed though.
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Last edited by brholt6; 6th June 2014 at 02:36 AM.
6th June 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 442

1,323 posts
Donate to Me
More
From official site: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

Quote:

What's new in 2.7.1.0:

Add GUI option to change or repair file systems on individual partitions. The change is destructive so backup your data including internal sdcard first. This option should make it a little easier to migrate a device from ext4 -> f2fs, for instance. You will find this option under Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, then select only one partition and then press the Repair or Change File System button. If a developer has added f2fs support for your device and we don't have it in TWRP, please contact me via PM to arrange for it to be added.

Various bugfixes to backup and restore

Improvements to USB storage handling

Added a class to search for files to make finding the correct brightness file automatic in most cases

Various other bugfixes and tweaks

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by Uzephi; 6th June 2014 at 03:00 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread