Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A note about my replacement phone

Tip us?

Wartouched
Old
(Last edited by Wartouched; 5th June 2014 at 10:28 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default A note about my replacement phone

Just wanted to pass along this information. A week ago i started having charging issues with the micro usb port on my phone. It was not much longer and it died completely. I had purchased my phone from best buy and paid for the Geek Squad protection plan. Being that, they replace any defective phone for no charge. I took mine in to the Geek Squad rep and the they confirmed that the charging port was borked. I had installed the ND8 OTA and had a different rom installed at the time and nothing was said about it. Anyway i got my replacement phone yesterday and was thrilled to see that it came loaded with 4.1.2. I was not happy with the whole Knox bootloader issue and am now back to running CM roms or whatever i choose. Just thought i would let everyone know that as of now they are not sending these phones out of repair with 4.4.2. If anyone else has Geek Squad protection and want to get back to a manageable bootloader situation this is still a option.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wartouched For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

schlepprock
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I got a replacement for my crushed phone, it had 4.1.2..that one would'nt pick up 4g so I had to get it replaced a week later and the newest one came with 4.4.2..from Best Buy as well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to schlepprock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1317
Probably just depends on how recently a particular location replenished their stock.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.