Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,180 Members 47,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lots of questions from a samsung noob but android fanatic

Tip us?

AndroidGreg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default [Q] Lots of questions from a samsung noob but android fanatic

I got quite a few things and am not sure of whether to post all in one thread or not but I dont want to clutter the board so here they are.

1. How to actually get the sd card working right on KK, I tried the app but it already said it was ok, yet i load stuff from my computer to my card and it disappears the second my computer is disconnected from the phone. Oh and the camera app FC every time i choose sd card storage then pictures get corrupted and I cant move my current taken pictures to the SD card via the included file manager app like I did on JB

2. How to get rid of the samsung notification widgets and get the stock KK icons there or have a way to hide them then slide through KK and Samsung.

3. How do I disable the camera shutter, I had a major problem at a piano concert at a high school where my shutter tone went off. I got dirty looks from some moms.

4. How can I fix this damn auto brightness bug.

5. Is it possible to change the damn magazine app to something else like google now?

I am on the NC2 leak, rooted, safe strap, with the NC4 modem and recovery.

Well thanks for reading, please help, this is my first samsung device really and I am so used to the new moto blur thats near stock along with the old way of one click root, bootloader unlock (razr hd) and if needed using the bat file utilities to restore from a botched flash. I got to say samsung life is different but I like the better internals and the huge screen.
Rocking out on: VZ Note 3 Rooted, Safe Strap, NC2
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013) Unlocked, collecting dust
Apple: iPod touch 5th gen iOS 7.1, gave up on that thing, not worth my time when i have a note
Computer: Late 2013 MBPr, 2.6 ghz i7, Nvidia GTX 750m 1TB SSD, 16GB Ram With dual boot for windows 8.1 pro

fletch33
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidGreg View Post
I got quite a few things and am not sure of whether to post all in one thread or not but I dont want to clutter the board so here they are.

1. How to actually get the sd card working right on KK, I tried the app but it already said it was ok, yet i load stuff from my computer to my card and it disappears the second my computer is disconnected from the phone. Oh and the camera app FC every time i choose sd card storage then pictures get corrupted and I cant move my current taken pictures to the SD card via the included file manager app like I did on JB

2. How to get rid of the samsung notification widgets and get the stock KK icons there or have a way to hide them then slide through KK and Samsung.

3. How do I disable the camera shutter, I had a major problem at a piano concert at a high school where my shutter tone went off. I got dirty looks from some moms.

4. How can I fix this damn auto brightness bug.

5. Is it possible to change the damn magazine app to something else like google now?

I am on the NC2 leak, rooted, safe strap, with the NC4 modem and recovery.

Well thanks for reading, please help, this is my first samsung device really and I am so used to the new moto blur thats near stock along with the old way of one click root, bootloader unlock (razr hd) and if needed using the bat file utilities to restore from a botched flash. I got to say samsung life is different but I like the better internals and the huge screen.
1. i solved it by moving stuff to computer , formatting card with phone, moving files back

2. you lost me a little on what exactly you are asking but Xposed generally handles all of that stuff

3. see answer to #2

4. Lux Auto Brightness

5. some roms like Hyperdrive have this built in or you can try any of the S5 launchers that have built in app called PullUp to replace it. so basically whatever the launcher apk has built into it so find one you like. here are some but other sin other Note forums sections like Sprint or universal

AndroidGreg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch33 View Post
1. i solved it by moving stuff to computer , formatting card with phone, moving files back

2. you lost me a little on what exactly you are asking but Xposed generally handles all of that stuff

3. see answer to #2

4. Lux Auto Brightness

5. some roms like Hyperdrive have this built in or you can try any of the S5 launchers that have built in app called PullUp to replace it. so basically whatever the launcher apk has built into it so find one you like. here are some but other sin other Note forums sections like Sprint or universal
I got exposed on and so far i love it with the samsung specific mod, I did what you said and found out my card, a sandisk ultra 64gb UHS 1 class 10 card will not accept any formatting, even the fat 32 it is at right now. So I'm going to be reverting to a sandisk 32gb card and looking for a samsung card or other brand, any recommendations? I am going to slowly leave sandisk entirely after this crap
Rocking out on: VZ Note 3 Rooted, Safe Strap, NC2
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013) Unlocked, collecting dust
Apple: iPod touch 5th gen iOS 7.1, gave up on that thing, not worth my time when i have a note
Computer: Late 2013 MBPr, 2.6 ghz i7, Nvidia GTX 750m 1TB SSD, 16GB Ram With dual boot for windows 8.1 pro