Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,368 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto G LTE question

Tip us?

toobz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default Moto G LTE question

I just ordered a Moto G LTE today to replace my old SGS3 for T mobile. I have a question regarding the Moto G vs the Moto G LTE variant. I have read some threads on this board about battery life, and it seems the Moto G gets INCREDIBLE battery life. I have a huge fan of great battery life. By getting the Moto G LTE variant will my battery be greatly reduced? Is T mobile's LTE that much faster than H+?

Thank you

toobz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Bumpitty!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Free mobile app

gabreek
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobz View Post
I just ordered a Moto G LTE today to replace my old SGS3 for T mobile. I have a question regarding the Moto G vs the Moto G LTE variant. I have read some threads on this board about battery life, and it seems the Moto G gets INCREDIBLE battery life. I have a huge fan of great battery life. By getting the Moto G LTE variant will my battery be greatly reduced? Is T mobile's LTE that much faster than H+?

Thank you
your battery life i'll probably be lower and yes lte is far better than h+

toobz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabreek View Post
your battery life i'll probably be lower and yes lte is far better than h+
So would you recommend the LTE model over the normal Moto G?

gabreek
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobz View Post
So would you recommend the LTE model over the normal Moto G?
LTE model, you'll have better internet and sdcard storage (the only 2 problems of the normal moto g) haha

Darkshado
Old
Thanks Meter 459

DONATE TO ME
I've found all this talk of bad battery life on LTE to be dubious.

Early LTE devices certainly did have bad battery life, especially because their LTE modems were on dedicated chips instead of on the SoC itself. But more recent ones? I haven't noticed any significant difference running it either way.

Of course, there are plenty of variables and a phone trying to maintain a bad LTE connection versus a good HSPA one might expend more energy, YMMV.

But if you get the LTE variant, you have the option to try both, and the SD card slot is a nice thing to have IMO. The LTE variant also has pentaband HSPA, which will come in handy if you travel abroad.
My phones: Galaxy Note II SGH-T889V (with LTE enabled / ext4 SD card support on TouchWiz ROMs), Motorola XT-1045 Moto G LTE (TWRP)
Previous phones: Nexus S GT-I9020A, Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M (Arpeggiomod ROM / Discussion, stock rooted ROM), Motorola XT-1032 Moto G.
Phones for which I play "tech support" for family and friends: Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, Galaxy Q SGH-T589R, Galaxy 551 GT-I5510M, LG C-800G Eclypse, Motorola XT-1032 Moto G