FORUMS

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

Moto G LTE question

248 posts
Thanks Meter: 34
 
By toobz, Senior Member on 3rd June 2014, 06:38 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I just ordered a Moto G LTE today to replace my old SGS3 for T mobile. I have a question regarding the Moto G vs the Moto G LTE variant. I have read some threads on this board about battery life, and it seems the Moto G gets INCREDIBLE battery life. I have a huge fan of great battery life. By getting the Moto G LTE variant will my battery be greatly reduced? Is T mobile's LTE that much faster than H+?

Thank you
 
 
4th June 2014, 03:43 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Bumpitty!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Free mobile app
4th June 2014, 05:15 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Santo André
Thanks Meter: 169
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobz

I just ordered a Moto G LTE today to replace my old SGS3 for T mobile. I have a question regarding the Moto G vs the Moto G LTE variant. I have read some threads on this board about battery life, and it seems the Moto G gets INCREDIBLE battery life. I have a huge fan of great battery life. By getting the Moto G LTE variant will my battery be greatly reduced? Is T mobile's LTE that much faster than H+?

Thank you

your battery life i'll probably be lower and yes lte is far better than h+
4th June 2014, 06:00 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabreek

your battery life i'll probably be lower and yes lte is far better than h+

So would you recommend the LTE model over the normal Moto G?
4th June 2014, 06:02 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Santo André
Thanks Meter: 169
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobz

So would you recommend the LTE model over the normal Moto G?

LTE model, you'll have better internet and sdcard storage (the only 2 problems of the normal moto g) haha
6th June 2014, 05:29 AM |#6  
Darkshado's Avatar
Senior Member
Montréal
Thanks Meter: 488
 
Donate to Me
More
I've found all this talk of bad battery life on LTE to be dubious.

Early LTE devices certainly did have bad battery life, especially because their LTE modems were on dedicated chips instead of on the SoC itself. But more recent ones? I haven't noticed any significant difference running it either way.

Of course, there are plenty of variables and a phone trying to maintain a bad LTE connection versus a good HSPA one might expend more energy, YMMV.

But if you get the LTE variant, you have the option to try both, and the SD card slot is a nice thing to have IMO. The LTE variant also has pentaband HSPA, which will come in handy if you travel abroad.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes