Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,117 Members 47,319 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Infrequent updates <omnirom.org>

Tip us?

BruceFerjulian
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Infrequent updates <omnirom.org>

I would first like to state that OMNIROM rocks. It's been smooth sailing for me on a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 since it was first available for my device.

Now my question.

Is it just me or do others think that the website <omnirom.org> provides little in the way of timely information for OmniROM users?

I check it from time to time but seldom do I find any new news about the ROM. The web page looks great on a mobile device and would use it more if there was useful information for me.

Most of the time I just use the web site as an anchor to navigate from to downloads.

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24090

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceFerjulian View Post
I would first like to state that OMNIROM rocks. It's been smooth sailing for me on a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 since it was first available for my device.

Now my question.

Is it just me or do others think that the website <omnirom.org> provides little in the way of timely information for OmniROM users?

I check it from time to time but seldom do I find any new news about the ROM. The web page looks great on a mobile device and would use it more if there was useful information for me.

Most of the time I just use the web site as an anchor to navigate from to downloads.
It probably could use more updates, but most of us are buried in the code of omni itself.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

BruceFerjulian
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
It probably could use more updates, but most of us are buried in the code of omni itself.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Don't know if I have what it takes, but would be willing to assist. One would think if key milestones were passed along to part time moderators, their help formatting any news could keep the information current on the website.

bleggy
Old
Thanks Meter 79
install this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ster.changelog

and join the omnirom g+
The Following User Says Thank You to bleggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]