Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,714 Members 45,913 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One M7 IMEI missing, phone restarting

Tip us?

xubx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC One M7 IMEI missing, phone restarting

Hey Guys,

so my HTC One m7 suddenly started rebooting after every one minute or so, i later realized when the phone turns on the phone does not pick any signal or recognise my sim. I showed the phone to my local HTC Shop (Pakistan) who entered some code to check IMEI the phone showed no info on screen. From this the guy said the chip with the IMEI number on it has probably short and the phone no longer can be repaired locally. He said to send the phone to HTC Dubai for repair as only they have the equipment to write the imei back on the chip or something like that.

I would like to know, if there is any way to repair the IMEI, if not then is there any way to keep the phone from rebooting every minute so that i can at least use it as a mini tab.

Also, is there any way to backup my data from the phone on my PC as the phone keeps on restarting and i cant copy data.

I was using HD Revolution Rom with latest CWM. Installed cyanogen mod 11, same issue.

Phone does not restart when in recovery.

Regards

ravichandrabr
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default flash Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by xubx View Post
Hey Guys,

so my HTC One m7 suddenly started rebooting after every one minute or so, i later realized when the phone turns on the phone does not pick any signal or recognise my sim. I showed the phone to my local HTC Shop (Pakistan) who entered some code to check IMEI the phone showed no info on screen. From this the guy said the chip with the IMEI number on it has probably short and the phone no longer can be repaired locally. He said to send the phone to HTC Dubai for repair as only they have the equipment to write the imei back on the chip or something like that.

I would like to know, if there is any way to repair the IMEI, if not then is there any way to keep the phone from rebooting every minute so that i can at least use it as a mini tab.

Also, is there any way to backup my data from the phone on my PC as the phone keeps on restarting and i cant copy data.

I was using HD Revolution Rom with latest CWM. Installed cyanogen mod 11, same issue.

Regards

Just flash radio Rom !!
R chandra
HTC : P3400 (old gene)
Rom : Sumit's ProUsers WM 6.5 v9.0c2/8.8c3 (build 21864/23052)

HTC : TATTOO
ROM : SHIPPED

ROOT ANDROID DEVICES AT 1CLICK (EASY)

xubx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Flashing radio rom will bring back imei?

ravichandrabr
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Flashing radio rom will bring back imei?
I think this is not imei brick , just a radio problem, you need to flash radio rom for that, you won't lose anything just flash n give feedback
R chandra
HTC : P3400 (old gene)
Rom : Sumit's ProUsers WM 6.5 v9.0c2/8.8c3 (build 21864/23052)

HTC : TATTOO
ROM : SHIPPED

ROOT ANDROID DEVICES AT 1CLICK (EASY)

majmoz
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Hey Guys,

Regards
You might want to take a look at @mazen_al_ahmar thread HTC one M7 S-OFF HBOOT 1.57.0000 + Restoring baseband and IMEI. It sounds like he had the same issue as you do. Check out the thread it might help you.

wainsie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default imei

If your s-off. Go into fastboot and use command "fastboot oem writeimei" with your imei. It worked for me

xubx
Old
(Last edited by xubx; 6th June 2014 at 06:50 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
please ignore

xubx
Old
(Last edited by xubx; 6th June 2014 at 06:49 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
please ignore

xubx
Old
(Last edited by xubx; 6th June 2014 at 06:48 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well did everything, flashed the latest radio 4A.25.3263.21,
used fastboot write imei command, s-off, s-on, original recovery, tried original RUU which failed.
Installed latest HD Revolution 71 rom, refashed new radio, still IMEI and Baseband missing however i can see IMEI in the barcode in Bootloader.

I am out of ideas. Starting to think this might be a hardware issue after all.
SAD

EDIT: if i use the getvar imei commad in fastboot, it shows the correct imei though