XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Continuous reboot out of box T Mobile Note 3

Tip us?

twill1987
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Continuous reboot out of box T Mobile Note 3

I purchased two note 3's. The black one boots up fine on 4.4.2 just fine, but the white one however out of the box
experienced serious rebooting issue that almost made it impossible to root and attempt to tweak. Both these phones were factory sealed in the box. I was eventually able to get white note 3 rooted. I unlocked using chainfires region unlock.apk, and sure enough that unlocked the phone
domestically for use on At&t's network. However, when I attempted to flash back to Jelly Bean modem the phone accepted modem, but still had reboot issue. I tried to install HyperDrive Rom, and even that couldn't fix reboot issue. I turned OFF wifi scanning, and all of the other tricks that have helped people, but this phone continues to reboot about 30 seconds to 1 minute into main screen boot. Any IDEAS??
I am open to trying a myriad of ideas to fix this, I really need to get fixed to sell ASAP. Thanks for your help!
Neither of these phones can be sent back to Samsung. Need to fix myself

Thanks

jdidtht
Old
Thanks Meter 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by twill1987 View Post
I purchased two note 3's. The black one boots up fine on 4.4.2 just fine, but the white one however out of the box
experienced serious rebooting issue that almost made it impossible to root and attempt to tweak. Both these phones were factory sealed in the box. I was eventually able to get white note 3 rooted. I unlocked using chainfires region unlock.apk, and sure enough that unlocked the phone
domestically for use on At&t's network. However, when I attempted to flash back to Jelly Bean modem the phone accepted modem, but still had reboot issue. I tried to install HyperDrive Rom, and even that couldn't fix reboot issue. I turned OFF wifi scanning, and all of the other tricks that have helped people, but this phone continues to reboot about 30 seconds to 1 minute into main screen boot. Any IDEAS??
I am open to trying a myriad of ideas to fix this, I really need to get fixed to sell ASAP. Thanks for your help!
Neither of these phones can be sent back to Samsung. Need to fix myself

Thanks
So u have a recovery on the device? If so, try this zip out.. https://www.dropbox.com/s/okx7op92ci...ringBackup.zip

mrej201
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Have you reset it from the menu or have you full restored to stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-allen View Post
Amazing how a a handfull of Devs on here can accomplish more in a weekend then a multiBillion Dollar company can in 6 months.

twill1987
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrej201 View Post
Have you reset it from the menu or have you full restored to stock
Thanks for your help guys. Yes, I have performed a factory reset. Flashed stock firmware in Odin and Heimdall, flashed JB modem. Rooted, flashed Hyperdrive Rom, turned wifi scanning to off, and seriously tried every trick in the book. Perhaps try another rom on JB? I've heard some Note 3's have a Kitkat issue. Someone suggested hardware could be faulty but that doesn't add up since the phone doesn't reboot in download or recovery mode..