Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Flashed wrong Kernel(Stock ROM) stuck on BOOTLOOP

OP twingle

6th June 2014, 10:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

52 posts
Hello, a problem here, just wanted to try a kernel on my Ace, didnt want to experiment a lot or something, I have stock ROM, but a bad kernel, and now my Ace is stuck on bootloop, cant use it anymore. Is there a stock kernel? I just want to use my phone again
6th June 2014, 12:03 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 362

956 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingle

Hello, a problem here, just wanted to try a kernel on my Ace, didnt want to experiment a lot or something, I have stock ROM, but a bad kernel, and now my Ace is stuck on bootloop, cant use it anymore. Is there a stock kernel? I just want to use my phone again

Can you enter Recovery Mode and/or Download Mode?
6th June 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahithm

Can you enter Recovery Mode and/or Download Mode?

Yes I Can enter recovery mode. I think I installed a kernel which is not made for my phone and I bricked my phone?
6th June 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #4  
Flag most likely in school
Thanks Meter: 131

441 posts
More
Quote:

Yes I Can enter recovery mode. I think I installed a kernel which is not made for my phone and I bricked my phone?

1) Are you sure it is for GT-S5830i? But first, are you sure that your device is an Ace-i?
2) Which kernel is it? You need to know whether it is for stock-based ROMs or for CM7.2 ROMs.
3) Download mode is more important. Can you access it with volume down + home + power?
6th June 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 362

956 posts
More
Quote:

Since you can enter the Recovery Mode, just flash any custom rom. Make sure to do Wipe data/ factory reset, Wipe cache partitions, Mounts & Storage> Format /system and Advanced> Wipe dalvik cache from CWM before you flash a rom. That should solve it. If that doesn't work, then flash the stock rom back using odin from the Download Mode. Do post the result. Hope I Helped
7th June 2014, 07:37 AM   |  #6  
Flag *MUMBAI*
Thanks Meter: 152

685 posts
More
Quote:

If your device is s5830i then flash rafael kernel then flash any stock based custom rom.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
10th June 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Exclamation Bootloop S5389i
Hi there, i recently tried to install a custom rom on my ace s5839i but got stuck on the 'Galaxy Ace GT-S5389i' splash screen. I then managed to get it into download mode and install the stock ROM using odin. the process completes on the computer but on the phone it says 'failed to mount /data' and gets stuck in a new bootloop now between the 'SAMSUNG' and Vodafone logo. is there anything i can do about this? thanks in advance
10th June 2014, 05:52 AM   |  #8  
Flag *MUMBAI*
Thanks Meter: 152

685 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJackington

Hi there, i recently tried to install a custom rom on my ace s5839i but got stuck on the 'Galaxy Ace GT-S5389i' splash screen. I then managed to get it into download mode and install the stock ROM using odin. the process completes on the computer but on the phone it says 'failed to mount /data' and gets stuck in a new bootloop now between the 'SAMSUNG' and Vodafone logo. is there anything i can do about this? thanks in advance

Clear data and cache in recovery mod

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to amolgosavi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread