Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,638 Members 54,606 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[THEME][KIT KAT][n900V] All Backs Black Note 3 TouchWiz 4.4+ [21-06-2014]

Tip us?

coldmethod
Old
(Last edited by coldmethod; 26th June 2014 at 12:31 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 933
Default [THEME][KIT KAT][n900V] All Backs Black Note 3 TouchWiz 4.4+ [21-06-2014]

See below for some screens.

S5 MMS & Settings

See further below for Download links, changelog and a list of ROM's All Backs Black has been reported working on.

I have added this thread here for those that don't venture into other Note 3 forums. Plus it will be easier to manage the enhanced ABB files.

Original thread here.

If you post in this thread please don't double post in other ABB threads.

Feast your eyes on All Backs Black for Note3 TW 4.4+ (Rooted) Odexed or Deodexed by the original creator @Kdio.

This is a tried and proven theme that has been implemented on both the S3 & S4. In saying that, this is not a port, this theme was made ground up by Kdio and myself for the Note3.

Some users install this theme for battery efficiency; I prefer to use it purely for aesthetics I find it more pleasing to the eye than the stock TouchWiz interface colours.

For those of you that prefer something simple and done right or would like a reported 20% more battery, this theme is probably for you.

Neither I nor the original creator of this theme are responsible for any damage you do to your device. Flash at your own risk.

A few words from the Man you should be grateful to if you decide to flash and use this theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theme Creator Kdio

Objective:

As extensively researched by the community, the use of black backgrounds in OLED (AMOLED and Super AMOLED) devices may lead to a gain up to 20% more battery juice. As related information, you can find some maths here and this xda experiment.

If, as is mine, your main device concern is lifetime and not the looks, give this a try and share your experience. Mine has been fantastic!

What is themed:
- ClockPackage_OSup
- MultiWindowTrayService
- JobManager
- Keyguard
- MusicPlayerWT
- Popupcalculator
- SamsungIME
- SecCalculator_3d
- SecCalculator2
- SecContacts_OSup
- SecDownloadProviderUi
- SecEmail_J
- SecGallery2013
- SecLauncher4
- SecMms
- SecPhone
- SecSettings
- SPlanner_2013
- SystemUI
- framework-res
- twframework-res

Notice: If you flash this theme just after flashing the ROM (before first boot) Desk and Lock screen will be setted to black.

Requirements:

- Samsung Stock TouchWiz Rooted KitKat 4.4+ ROM
- Custom Recovery

Install:

- Enter CWM recovery;
- Install Core files Zip from below
- Reboot your device and Profit!!! If like me you are OCD and suffer from ORD or if you have any issues (with the theme), wipe Cache and Dalvik.

Uninstall:

- Enter CWM recovery
- Wipe Cache and Dalvik
- Reflash your ROM zip (no need to wipe data)
- Restart your device, Done!!!

Updates:

- Enter CWM recovery;
- Install latest iteration
- Reboot your device and Profit!!! (If you have any issues wipe Cache and Dalvik.)

This Theme should work on any Stock Rooted 4.4+ TouchWiz Odexed or Deodexed ROM (Just install the All Backs Black core files from below and all should be good.).

If you try this theme on a ROM that isn't listed below please let us know. Also if you have any issues or general comments feel free to chime in.

Downloads

n900V Core Files:

AllBacksBlack.Core.n900.21062014 v1.4 Non Aroma Installer

Old Versions:

Changelog

Code:
21/06/2014

- Included fixed Mms apk in package

15/06/2014

- Blacked out Pen Window
- Revamped S5 MMS

09/06/2014

- MMS conversation bubbles darkened
- Dialler icons fixed 

08/06/2014

- WiFi calling icon fixed
- Mms apk name corrected
- Removed themed XML's from email apk
- Call and S-Voice icons in dialer fixed

06/06/2014

- n900V Release

Flash these files after installation of the Core Files
ROM Specific Extras:
Enhancements

* Semi-Transparent Notification/Status screen;

For the above enhancements please pull the below files from your device, upload to your favourite file sharing site then PM me the link.

system\framework\framework-res.apk
system\framework\twframework_res.apk
system\priv-app\SystemUI.apk

Please also include a link to the ROM.

- Baja ROM @bajasur (AllBacksBlack.Enhanced.Note3.Baja ROM.v15)
- JasmineROM @hsbadr (AllBacksBlack.Enhanced.Note3.JasmineROM.v1.7.2)

Flash the above files on the specified ROM's only.

To Do List:

Multi-Window Focus
You tell me...

Roms this theme has been reported working on.:

- JasmineROM v1.3.3
- JasmineROM v1.7.2
- BajaROM Build 14
- BajaROM Build 15
- Hyperdrive KK RLS8
- bigginsROM V4.5
- 'Beans' Stock Root Odex/DeOdex (04/23/14)
- Rick's ROM KitKat 4.4.2 Build 8

Credits:

- @Kdio for his awesome work on this amazing theme (be sure to seek him out and thank him, it costs nothing)
- @freeza for his MMS wake on receipt fix for the S5 MMS Port
- @micmars for pointing the MMS fix out and pointing me in the right direction
- @Jocutz1987 for being an awesome Guinea Pig and making sure it was perfect for the n900 users
- @jrbxx7 for letting me know this theme also works on the n900V
If I or anyone else has helped you, press the button, it costs nothing, and to me is better than a donation.

"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out" - Bill Hicks
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to coldmethod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

coldmethod
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 933
Just in case...
If I or anyone else has helped you, press the button, it costs nothing, and to me is better than a donation.

"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out" - Bill Hicks
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coldmethod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

neopolotin75
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Oh snap! I was eyeballing and drooling over this in the other forums but it was the aroma version and that doesn't play with safe strap. I am going to give this a whirl! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

sfld
Old
(Last edited by sfld; 6th June 2014 at 07:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 48
i would love to flash this over baja rom. Anyone try it yet

about to try it now and hopefully my flashlight toggles in the quick settings stick. Making a backup in twrp before i flash it, i will report back in a few

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Ok i flashed it over baja 14 and its working good. however i already had a s5 mms mod installed and everything semes black except the area where i type my messages and also my conversation list is white.

Maybe you could give me the secmms apk that i need to copy to the system ??

Also the dialer is all black but the phone icon is green (no biggie) and the svoice button to the left of the phone icon is blue
Phone:Galaxy Note 3 Verizon
The Following User Says Thank You to sfld For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fletch33
Old
Thanks Meter 185
THANKS!

i had been using it but with a lot of manipulation and steps to get it working from the main thread. glad its now designed for N3 on Verizon.

is there a "donate" button for this?

mrwebb
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Working flawless.Thanks!!!

GameChanger
Old
Thanks Meter 113
This looks great on HyperDrive Rls8. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Galaxy S4 powered by the latest and greatest

fletch33
Old
Thanks Meter 185
just reflashed my rom cause of email crash issues. has anyone that tried it used Exchange to verify no email FC? just curious before i do it again.

thanks

milski65
Old
Thanks Meter 400
Damn nice theme. Got your thread saved when I upgrade to 4.4. Your work is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to milski65 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fletch33
Old
Thanks Meter 185
using Jasmine rom which has the S5 Email i assume that this would remove that and replace it with original and so i unzipped this and removed the SecEmail_J and zipped it back up but then it failed to flash.

is there a way to accomplish this?

thanks