Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Downgrading

OP AriaE132

6th June 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Sorry guys, I'm new to Android and all of this and i'm in a foreign country so i don't know what to do.
I have a B506 with KitKat, but i want to downgrade to B125, can anyone help me?
I know this question has probably been asked before, but i couldn't find it and i really don't know how to do this, so sorry for being a noob.
BeyondTheHorizon
6th June 2014, 12:12 PM   |  #2  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriaE132

Sorry guys, I'm new to Android and all of this and i'm in a foreign country so i don't know what to do.
I have a B506 with KitKat, but i want to downgrade to B125, can anyone help me?
I know this question has probably been asked before, but i couldn't find it and i really don't know how to do this, so sorry for being a noob.

Flash through adb stock recovery. Put update.app B125 in dload folder on sdcard and press volume up + volume down + power button until the phone starts updating.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 12:37 PM   |  #3  
alex.79's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plovdiv
Thanks Meter: 78
 
267 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheHorizon

Flash through adb stock recovery. Put update.app B125 in dload folder on sdcard and press volume up + volume down + power button until the phone starts updating.

This will not help.

For downgrade from B506 to B125 you will need a middle step. First flash that: https://mega.co.nz/#!9oEHUTiR!uVKEq6...QZ5yrnedx4rug4 via stock recovery, after that you will able to flash B125.
The Following User Says Thank You to alex.79 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
BeyondTheHorizon
6th June 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #4  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.79

This will not help.

For downgrade from B506 to B125 you will need a middle step. First flash that: https://mega.co.nz/#!9oEHUTiR!uVKEq6...QZ5yrnedx4rug4 via stock recovery, after that you will able to flash B125.

Not true. LOL The middle step it's a EMUI ZIP. That's so crazy. Man, don't make people follow your nonsense advice.
Last edited by BeyondTheHorizon; 6th June 2014 at 12:56 PM.
6th June 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
84 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheHorizon

Not true. LOL The middle step it's a EMUI ZIP. That's so crazy. Man, don't make people follow your nonsense advice.

alex.79 is right, you can't downgrade directly from B506. That middle step is needed. So the nonsense advice is yours.
BeyondTheHorizon
6th June 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #6  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by primo

alex.79 is right, you can't downgrade directly from B506. That middle step is needed. So the nonsense advice is yours.

Trust me. I'm right, you're wrong.
Last edited by BeyondTheHorizon; 6th June 2014 at 06:51 PM.
6th June 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #7  
alex.79's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plovdiv
Thanks Meter: 78
 
267 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheHorizon

Not true. LOL The middle step it's a EMUI ZIP. That's so crazy. Man, don't make people follow your nonsense advice.

My frend don't give advice on things you are not quite clear for you. In this case nonsense advice is yours.
The Following User Says Thank You to alex.79 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
BeyondTheHorizon
6th June 2014, 01:33 PM   |  #8  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.79

My frend don't give advice on things you are not quite clear for you. In this case nonsense advice is yours.

No such step needed, you just try to make downloads with that link.

Tested without that step and all went well.
Last edited by BeyondTheHorizon; 6th June 2014 at 03:44 PM.
6th June 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
104 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
I've downgraded twice but never used that file. What is true (if i remember well) every time, at the firs boot, phone got stuck at logo. Installed the same firmware again and worked. At the second install, i think the script saw that something was not in place and did a factory reset. Maybe a factory reset should be done before downgrading.
6th June 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #10  
kolembo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 200
 
420 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheHorizon

Flash through adb stock recovery. Put update.app B125 in dload folder on sdcard and press volume up + volume down + power button until the phone starts updating.

Actually, this method works. I did not need the middle step. Just put the download update.app in the sdCard root AND in the dload folder, and then do a stock recovery boot.

In fact, I used the systems local update and got B125 no problem at all.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using XDA Premium HD app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes