Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,156 Members 40,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Downgrading

Tip us?

AriaE132
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Downgrading

Sorry guys, I'm new to Android and all of this and i'm in a foreign country so i don't know what to do.
I have a B506 with KitKat, but i want to downgrade to B125, can anyone help me?
I know this question has probably been asked before, but i couldn't find it and i really don't know how to do this, so sorry for being a noob.
BeyondTheHorizon Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriaE132 View Post
Sorry guys, I'm new to Android and all of this and i'm in a foreign country so i don't know what to do.
I have a B506 with KitKat, but i want to downgrade to B125, can anyone help me?
I know this question has probably been asked before, but i couldn't find it and i really don't know how to do this, so sorry for being a noob.
Flash through adb stock recovery. Put update.app B125 in dload folder on sdcard and press volume up + volume down + power button until the phone starts updating.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alex.79
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheHorizon View Post
Flash through adb stock recovery. Put update.app B125 in dload folder on sdcard and press volume up + volume down + power button until the phone starts updating.
This will not help.

For downgrade from B506 to B125 you will need a middle step. First flash that: https://mega.co.nz/#!9oEHUTiR!uVKEq6...QZ5yrnedx4rug4 via stock recovery, after that you will able to flash B125.
Huawei Ascend P6 4.4.2 & Galaxy Nexus 4.3 & Acer Iconia A1-810 4.2.2 & NOKIA X 4.1.2
The Following User Says Thank You to alex.79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
BeyondTheHorizon Old
(Last edited by BeyondTheHorizon; 6th June 2014 at 11:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.79 View Post
This will not help.

For downgrade from B506 to B125 you will need a middle step. First flash that: https://mega.co.nz/#!9oEHUTiR!uVKEq6...QZ5yrnedx4rug4 via stock recovery, after that you will able to flash B125.
Not true. LOL The middle step it's a EMUI ZIP. That's so crazy. Man, don't make people follow your nonsense advice.

primo
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Not true. LOL The middle step it's a EMUI ZIP. That's so crazy. Man, don't make people follow your nonsense advice.
alex.79 is right, you can't downgrade directly from B506. That middle step is needed. So the nonsense advice is yours.
BeyondTheHorizon Old
(Last edited by BeyondTheHorizon; 6th June 2014 at 05:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by primo View Post
alex.79 is right, you can't downgrade directly from B506. That middle step is needed. So the nonsense advice is yours.
Trust me. I'm right, you're wrong.

alex.79
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
My frend don't give advice on things you are not quite clear for you. In this case nonsense advice is yours.
Huawei Ascend P6 4.4.2 & Galaxy Nexus 4.3 & Acer Iconia A1-810 4.2.2 & NOKIA X 4.1.2
The Following User Says Thank You to alex.79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
BeyondTheHorizon Old
(Last edited by BeyondTheHorizon; 6th June 2014 at 02:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.79 View Post
My frend don't give advice on things you are not quite clear for you. In this case nonsense advice is yours.
No such step needed, you just try to make downloads with that link.

Tested without that step and all went well.

mandgeo
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I've downgraded twice but never used that file. What is true (if i remember well) every time, at the firs boot, phone got stuck at logo. Installed the same firmware again and worked. At the second install, i think the script saw that something was not in place and did a factory reset. Maybe a factory reset should be done before downgrading.

kolembo
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Actually, this method works. I did not need the middle step. Just put the download update.app in the sdCard root AND in the dload folder, and then do a stock recovery boot.

In fact, I used the systems local update and got B125 no problem at all.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using XDA Premium HD app