OP Pilz

4th June 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Middle of nowhere
Thanks Meter: 266

1,102 posts
Donate to Me
More
I successfully updated my Nexus 7 to 4.4.3 and it was working great until last night the Wifi just stopped working. It will not search for wifi, or if it does let me turn it on it won't scan or find anything. I did flash a new kernel to it earlier, but it was working fine. I tried to reflash 4.4.3 and it just fails using fast boot, or adb sideload. I have tried searching the forum, but since 4.4.3 just came out it seems that I am the only one that I can see with this issue.

I also did a factory reset using TWRP but still nothing.

Details that may help are as follows:
Nexus 7 (2013)
Rooted w/ Franco Kernel ( unless it will reflash the stock )
TWP 2.7 installed

Any help would be appreciated. I will keep working on doing a factory restore and then reflashing back to 4.4.3 and see if that works.
4th June 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 75

229 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilz474

I successfully updated my Nexus 7 to 4.4.3 and it was working great until last night the Wifi just stopped working. It will not search for wifi, or if it does let me turn it on it won't scan or find anything. I did flash a new kernel to it earlier, but it was working fine. I tried to reflash 4.4.3 and it just fails using fast boot, or adb sideload. I have tried searching the forum, but since 4.4.3 just came out it seems that I am the only one that I can see with this issue.

Nexus 7 (2013)
TWP 2.7 installed

Any help would be appreciated. I will keep working on doing a factory restore and then reflashing back to 4.4.3 and see if that works.

Custom kernels have to be remade for 4.4.3
Don't use any for now

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th June 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #3  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 410

1,716 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by rap3rman

Custom kernels have to be remade for 4.4.3
Don't use any for now

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This.

Anyone using a customer kernel needs to wait until the kernel is updated to 4.4.3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th June 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #4  
Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 163

424 posts
More
Quote:

Nexus 7 (2013)
TWP 2.7 installed

At the very least you need to flash the stock 4.4.3 boot image if that's where you're at now. I would also flash the system image just to be safe and to make sure you clean up any leftover files from the custom kernel, If there are any.
The Following User Says Thank You to wantabe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Wink
This patch fix WIFI for me

http://dl-1.va.us.xda-developers.com...&ts=1401912320
Last edited by OverLordkv; 4th June 2014 at 09:22 PM.
6th June 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Middle of nowhere
Thanks Meter: 266

1,102 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantabe

At the very least you need to flash the stock 4.4.3 boot image if that's where you're at now. I would also flash the system image just to be safe and to make sure you clean up any leftover files from the custom kernel, If there are any.

I was stupid and updated the kernel without thinking, and as others have sad that is obviously the issue. This is what happens when you are sleep deprived and have full time summer classes.

I did a reflash of everything. For some reason my Nexus is really slow to accept new software. When I flashed 4.4.3 to it again it failed, and I went to bed because it was late. The next morning I went to fix it and it was booting up just fine, although because it accepted the reflash I had to re set up my apps which is no big deal.

Thanks again for the help, I will learn how to fix these things on my own someday.
6th June 2014, 11:19 AM   |  #7  
Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 163

424 posts
More
Quote:

I was stupid and updated the kernel without thinking, and as others have sad that is obviously the issue. This is what happens when you are sleep deprived and have full time summer classes.

I did a reflash of everything. For some reason my Nexus is really slow to accept new software. When I flashed 4.4.3 to it again it failed, and I went to bed because it was late. The next morning I went to fix it and it was booting up just fine, although because it accepted the reflash I had to re set up my apps which is no big deal.

Thanks again for the help, I will learn how to fix these things on my own someday.

I'm glad you got it working again! I personally had to learn the hard way not to be flashing kernels or any other images when I had one eye open. I keep copies of all the unzipped factory images on my computer and over the last few years have managed to grab images from the wrong folder more than once. ; ) Using the sdk it was never a big deal straightening it out but still!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread