Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 50,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No wifi after update

Tip us?

Pilz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 124
Default No wifi after update

I successfully updated my Nexus 7 to 4.4.3 and it was working great until last night the Wifi just stopped working. It will not search for wifi, or if it does let me turn it on it won't scan or find anything. I did flash a new kernel to it earlier, but it was working fine. I tried to reflash 4.4.3 and it just fails using fast boot, or adb sideload. I have tried searching the forum, but since 4.4.3 just came out it seems that I am the only one that I can see with this issue.

I also did a factory reset using TWRP but still nothing.

Details that may help are as follows:
Nexus 7 (2013)
Rooted w/ Franco Kernel ( unless it will reflash the stock )
TWP 2.7 installed

Any help would be appreciated. I will keep working on doing a factory restore and then reflashing back to 4.4.3 and see if that works.

rap3rman
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilz474 View Post
I successfully updated my Nexus 7 to 4.4.3 and it was working great until last night the Wifi just stopped working. It will not search for wifi, or if it does let me turn it on it won't scan or find anything. I did flash a new kernel to it earlier, but it was working fine. I tried to reflash 4.4.3 and it just fails using fast boot, or adb sideload. I have tried searching the forum, but since 4.4.3 just came out it seems that I am the only one that I can see with this issue.

Nexus 7 (2013)
TWP 2.7 installed

Any help would be appreciated. I will keep working on doing a factory restore and then reflashing back to 4.4.3 and see if that works.
Custom kernels have to be remade for 4.4.3
Don't use any for now

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Android Geek

LinearEquation
Old
Thanks Meter 399

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rap3rman View Post
Custom kernels have to be remade for 4.4.3
Don't use any for now

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
This.

Anyone using a customer kernel needs to wait until the kernel is updated to 4.4.3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
[ROOT] 2013 KFHD7 Soho firmware 11.x.x.x (no camera)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...44736&page=101 If needed contact @GranPC for an updated Firerooter.
[Root] 2012 KFHD7 Tate http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460
2nd [Bootloader]/[TWRP] KFHD7 Tate
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2128848
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2271909
KFHD7 Tate System Restore Tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1951254

wantabe
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:

Nexus 7 (2013)
TWP 2.7 installed

At the very least you need to flash the stock 4.4.3 boot image if that's where you're at now. I would also flash the system image just to be safe and to make sure you clean up any leftover files from the custom kernel, If there are any.
"Don't confuse me with facts, I've already made up my mind!"

AT&T HTC One X - 4.2.2 CleanROM-odexed/Xposed/ElementalX
Nexus 5 32GB
Nexus 7 32GB (2013)
Nexus 4 8GB-Moved to Better Home!
Nexus 7 16GB-Moved to Better Home!.
Nexus 7 32GB-Moved to Better Home!
The Following User Says Thank You to wantabe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OverLordkv
Old
(Last edited by OverLordkv; 4th June 2014 at 09:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
This patch fix WIFI for me

http://dl-1.va.us.xda-developers.com...&ts=1401912320

Pilz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantabe View Post
At the very least you need to flash the stock 4.4.3 boot image if that's where you're at now. I would also flash the system image just to be safe and to make sure you clean up any leftover files from the custom kernel, If there are any.
I was stupid and updated the kernel without thinking, and as others have sad that is obviously the issue. This is what happens when you are sleep deprived and have full time summer classes.

I did a reflash of everything. For some reason my Nexus is really slow to accept new software. When I flashed 4.4.3 to it again it failed, and I went to bed because it was late. The next morning I went to fix it and it was booting up just fine, although because it accepted the reflash I had to re set up my apps which is no big deal.

Thanks again for the help, I will learn how to fix these things on my own someday.

wantabe
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
I was stupid and updated the kernel without thinking, and as others have sad that is obviously the issue. This is what happens when you are sleep deprived and have full time summer classes.

I did a reflash of everything. For some reason my Nexus is really slow to accept new software. When I flashed 4.4.3 to it again it failed, and I went to bed because it was late. The next morning I went to fix it and it was booting up just fine, although because it accepted the reflash I had to re set up my apps which is no big deal.

Thanks again for the help, I will learn how to fix these things on my own someday.
I'm glad you got it working again! I personally had to learn the hard way not to be flashing kernels or any other images when I had one eye open. I keep copies of all the unzipped factory images on my computer and over the last few years have managed to grab images from the wrong folder more than once. ; ) Using the sdk it was never a big deal straightening it out but still!
"Don't confuse me with facts, I've already made up my mind!"

AT&T HTC One X - 4.2.2 CleanROM-odexed/Xposed/ElementalX
Nexus 5 32GB
Nexus 7 32GB (2013)
Nexus 4 8GB-Moved to Better Home!
Nexus 7 16GB-Moved to Better Home!.
Nexus 7 32GB-Moved to Better Home!