Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Note 3 N9005 S view Problems

OP ph3n0ngr

5th June 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #1  
ph3n0ngr's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 0
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Hello all. Hope you are all fine. Thanks in advance for any answers i'll recieve. I have my Note 3 for 3 days so i'm a new Note 3 users ( Past phone S4 ). So. I want to ask a small question ( Searched in xda forums found NO solution so if my post has allready answered in other posts please let me know ) I have a ploblem. Bought an S view today. Said it was 3rd party cause the authenticated ones is expencive. My s view does not work with my phone. Asked some friends told me that i must root my device but i don't want root on my device...Any method to make s view work without tripping with root scripts?
5th June 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #2  
Someguyfromhell's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,044
 
4,007 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph3n0ngr

Hello all. Hope you are all fine. Thanks in advance for any answers i'll recieve. I have my Note 3 for 3 days so i'm a new Note 3 users ( Past phone S4 ). So. I want to ask a small question ( Searched in xda forums found NO solution so if my post has allready answered in other posts please let me know ) I have a ploblem. Bought an S view today. Said it was 3rd party cause the authenticated ones is expencive. My s view does not work with my phone. Asked some friends told me that i must root my device but i don't want root on my device...Any method to make s view work without tripping with root scripts?

If you are using KitKat firmware, then only original Samsung S-View covers will work fine. Third-party manufactured ones are likely to not work.
6th June 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 24
 
201 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguyfromhell

If you are using KitKat firmware, then only original Samsung S-View covers will work fine. Third-party manufactured ones are likely to not work.

I have try s-View case who cost 5$ and work great on my note 3 norooted version. 4.4.2 rom
6th June 2014, 12:01 PM   |  #4  
ultramag69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 581
 
4,483 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
Check if your s-view case has a chip in it. It won't work without the chip. Just a normal case with a giant window...
6th June 2014, 12:33 PM   |  #5  
antique_sonic's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Corner of the earth
Thanks Meter: 1,096
 
2,100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph3n0ngr

Hello all. Hope you are all fine. Thanks in advance for any answers i'll recieve. I have my Note 3 for 3 days so i'm a new Note 3 users ( Past phone S4 ). So. I want to ask a small question ( Searched in xda forums found NO solution so if my post has allready answered in other posts please let me know ) I have a ploblem. Bought an S view today. Said it was 3rd party cause the authenticated ones is expencive. My s view does not work with my phone. Asked some friends told me that i must root my device but i don't want root on my device...Any method to make s view work without tripping with root scripts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69

Check if your s-view case has a chip in it. It won't work without the chip. Just a normal case with a giant window...

agree with ultramag69.
but...
even your fake case got chip, you have to make sure the chip is not slanted. If the chip on your case cover never touch the port at the back side of the note 3.... it won't work as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes