No registration required

Calendar for Android

OP alexander2020

18th May 2014, 12:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
Hey folks,

I have been into this app which has a lot to do with calendar and dates.
I am still confused about the libraries available for it, I will be requiring the calendar to have following features:

- The calendar should change (by month) when I swipe UP or DOWN
- The boxes of month should have specific colors according to the events of that particular day, eg: red for urgent issues, green for vacation and so on
- The boxes should also have ICONS like weather updates for that particular date
- A LIST VIEW of the calendar will also be needed

If anyone has seen any which can accommodate these features, do let me know.

Cheers
Alex
The Following User Says Thank You to alexander2020 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag Santiago de Chile, Chile
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
More
Hey Alex,

for me, these seem more like programming issues, rather than library ones.

For the first one (The calendar should change (by month) when I swipe UP or DOWN) implementing a gesturedetector is the best way to go Imo.
The other three are simple coding issues, like setting backgrounds, drawables and implementing a listview.

As a tip, you should check out a library we made called "CalendarWrapper" (sorry, I can't yet post links, search for it on GitHub). Basically it's a wrapper around the CalendarProvider, so there's no need to mess around with cursors, everything can be done with object methods. It lacks a few features though.
The Following User Says Thank You to andras_k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
I don't think there are any ready to use libraries with these specific features, so I'm afraid you will have to build it yourself. There are a few date picker / time picker dialogs floating around, or android-times-square from Square, but you'll have to look into extending it with the specific features like image overlay support for the weather/icon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Booink For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 10:05 AM   |  #4  

7 posts
caldroid
Have a look at caldroid, it does not have all the functions you seek but is very customizable.

Since you are asking for too much in one library, you will have to do a lot of coding on top of any library that you choose.
The Following User Says Thank You to markbravo2014 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
thankx
Thankx guys, CalendarWrapper did give me something to look into but caldroid has almost done the job for me.

I have finished the bulk of the job with caldroid now it is printing images inside the dates and list view left.

I do know where to start for list view but printing icons inside boxes could be tricky

Will update you guys when I am done with the APP and put it on play store.

Cheers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread