Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 40,595 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help

Tip us?

spiceluvver
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone Help

Hi,
Recently i bought a xolo q700s.
After inserting the reliance sim card, it worked good for about an hour, and after that it pops up a message every now and then about the available balance in the sim. Initially I thought it might be happening because of the power management app which switches off data services and hence it pops up the message about the remaining balance.
But currently I am not using any data package, and i disabled the power management app which came pre installed with xolo.
But still the problem is not solved, and it is really irritating to get the notification at night time and while playing any games.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,877

DONATE TO ME
There might be another app that provides balance notification. It gets triggerred when you turn Data on or off. That's the one providing such notifications.

spiceluvver
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
But currently I am online using WIFI for internet access , and the data connection is always off, and still I am getting these notification on regular basis, precisely 7 to 8 notifications every hour.
I removed the sim and inserted in the second slot as this phone is a dual sim phone , and still it's the same, and a bit worse, the phone doesn't recognise any contacts from the sim when i inserted it in the second sim slot.

Also if i root this phone, will i be able to solve this problem?

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,877

DONATE TO ME
I believe Rooting will help you remove one of the System apps that might be causing this. You can ask the carrier if they could tell you which app provides these notifications. You can disable that app without rooting. Such apps are typically called Carrier Bloat. The app seems to be giving notifications every time you toggle Data.

Having said that, this discussion is going beyond the parameters of XDA Assist. The Mission statement is posted as a sticki, in the Root of this forum. I see that you have posted your query in this thread. That is the correct place for the discussions on this topic.
The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe