Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 39,319 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] hey guys new to this phone lg L5 E612 need a little help?

Tip us?

chooky536
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] hey guys new to this phone lg L5 E612 need a little help?

ok so im not new to rooting or anything as my last phone was an ace (heaps of cool stuff for that phone)

i have my phone rooted now LG L5 E612 and have supeeruser installed last time i was here i seen that there was people saying no custom roms for this phone as bootloader is locked, now i return and i see a few for this phone just wondering how to install a rom and which one is the best one to use also ones that are eye candy or totally change the GUI

hemanth kumar
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Post this rom is best in my view with no lags

hey i am using this cm 10.1 (4.2.2)rom since 1 year.its best in my view.it can be overclocked to 1Ghz.and ram can be increased by using ram expander.
The Following User Says Thank You to hemanth kumar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AXDFREEDOM
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooky536 View Post
ok so im not new to rooting or anything as my last phone was an ace (heaps of cool stuff for that phone)

i have my phone rooted now LG L5 E612 and have supeeruser installed last time i was here i seen that there was people saying no custom roms for this phone as bootloader is locked, now i return and i see a few for this phone just wondering how to install a rom and which one is the best one to use also ones that are eye candy or totally change the GUI
you need to unlock the bootloader and get a custom recovery, then you can easily install a custom rom
i am on cm11 beta 7.1, oc up to 1100mhz
LG L5 E610 KITKAT 4.4.4 CYANOGENMOD11 - Here to learn! OptimaTeam
Ask/Reply me, I was born to help you! Please THANKS ME
The Following User Says Thank You to AXDFREEDOM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chooky536
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
thanks guys i have looked around and all i can find is rooting tuts could anyone link me to a full tut from start to finish please?

chooky536
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
ok so i tried several ways got cwm installed but phone keeps resetting

i used these ones

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1159
http://www.lg-phones.org/cwm-custom-...ptimus-l5.html
http://www.lg-phones.org/unlock-boot...0e612e615.html

still getting it resetting on me

chooky536
Old
(Last edited by chooky536; 6th June 2014 at 02:59 PM.) Reason: a little more sucess
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
also didnt back up my bootloader either.....................just tryed the e610 bootunlocker not resetting on me working ok now, now to find a tutorial to flash a rom

got it running the e610 cm10 working ok no reboots ect seems to be working ok now