Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,085 Members 44,229 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Root & XZDR][LB/UB][STOCK] c6833 & C6802 & C6806 14.3.A.0.757

Tip us?

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 969

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless_stranger View Post
Well, I am currently running .757 non rooted stock, locked bootloader.
First you will have to root it and get a recovery, I suggest you read http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2569904 and http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2593918
then look into keeping root on a locked bootloader or unlock the bootloader.

The instructions have been written down more times than I care to remember, please read them.
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.
The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hassanmahmood
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I'd like to report that the flashable zip and stripped FTF for the C6806 work fantastically!

Such an easy process to upgrade.

Everything seems to be working great so far; Xposed is up and running and the phone seems to be a tad smoother, if that is at all possible.

Thanks so much again!
Nokia 8250 -> Nokia 7250i -> Sony Ericsson T610 -> Nokia 7610 -> Nokia N95 8GB -> Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 -> Sony Xperia Z Ultra

Alienware 18 with 2.80Ghz Intel i7 4900MQ -> Up to 4.0 Ghz with TurboBoost, TWO Nvidia GeForce GTX 770m's with 3GB DDR5 RAM each, 16GB DDR3 RAM

Samsung 55" F6800 3D Smart LED TV with 120Hz Real Refresh Rate and 600 Clear Motion Rate.

iBuzman
Old
Thanks Meter 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassanmahmood View Post
Whoever said that is quite daft; you can only install custom ROMs on an unlocked bootloader.

The exception is if the custom ROM is close to identical to a stock ROM - but I personally wouldn't risk it. (I have a locked BL)

In terms of an instructional video - it really is not required.
This is why people are sooo confused: a post that says you can only install custom roms on UB..

WRONG!!!

You can only use custom kernel on UB, custom roms ok as long rooted and has recovery.. (see the many many posts on this - as @blueether said, written more times than I care to guess....) therefore, anything that can use stock kernel (eg nut' stripped ftf) can be flashed on LB (if rooted with recovery).

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Johnnynho
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Back camera not working after upgrade. Front Camera is good. Any fixes or ideas?

Mine was C6802 Locked Bootloader with rooted 14.2.A.0.290.

First, I upgraded XZDualRecovery from 2.7.78 to latest 2.7.123.

Then, I backup in TWRP and flash 2 files.

All the data and settings are still there and only the back camera is not working.

Do I have to wipe Dalvik cache and data and retry flashing?

Or, is there any other FTF from another Region for retrying?

Thanks.
XDA
XDA2
XDA Exec
iPhone
iPhone4
Dell Streak 5
Galaxy Note
Galaxy Mega 6.3
Sony Z Ultra + Samsung Gear 2 Watch

Jammol
Old
Thanks Meter 300

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnynho View Post
Back camera not working after upgrade. Front Camera is good. Any fixes or ideas?

Mine was C6802 Locked Bootloader with rooted 14.2.A.0.290.

First, I upgraded XZDualRecovery from 2.7.78 to latest 2.7.123.

Then, I backup in TWRP and flash 2 files.

All the data and settings are still there and only the back camera is not working.

Do I have to wipe Dalvik cache and data and retry flashing?

Or, is there any other FTF from another Region for retrying?

Thanks.
Clean flash it. I still don't understand why people still continue to run the risk of Dirty Flashing. Yes it works sometimes, but other times you will have issues. Clean Flash always guys.
My Devices...

Future Phone: Don't know yet?
Current Phones: Xperia Z Ultra 6806
Past: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 AT&T [Unlocked], LG Optimus G Pro AT&T, LG Optimus G AT&T, LG Google Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T, Samsung GS2 AT&T, Sony Xperia ion AT&T, Samsung Infuse AT&T(First Android Phone), All iPhones before that.

jasonyu007
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Hi! Guys, I got C6802 761 from china .it is through cwm flash.I don,t konw how to share with you.it seems good.

Sent from my C6802 using XDA Premium HD app

paulotex
Old
(Last edited by paulotex; 6th June 2014 at 02:56 PM.) Reason: Fixed TWRP version
Thanks Meter 9
Thumbs up Sucess upgrading from .136

Hi everyone:

I'd like to report success in upgrading my C6833 from a rooted .136 with locked bootloader. Preparation was the key point here:

A. Preparation:
  1. Activated USB debug and installation from unknown sources.
  2. Backup using TWRP and Sony Backup app.
  3. Updated TWRP from 2.6 to the lastest 2.7.123. Got it from NUT (ZU-lockeddualrecovery2.7.123-BETA.installer.zip) and used TWRP to install it. Then I reboot to the new TWRP.
  4. Updated flashtool to 0.9.16 (the latest I could find). Note that 0.9.14 does not work (I tried).

With all this in place, I was able to upgrade:

B Upgrade
  1. Boot into TWRP.
  2. Wiped Dalvik-Cache, System, Cache. This is important to avoid boot loops and the camera not working problem. Did not wipe Data nor Internal Storage.
  3. Installed Sony Xperia Z Ultra Europe LTE14.3.A.0.757__flashable.zip (original link on the OP).
    Do not press reboot. Go to the main menu, then Reboot -> Power Off.
  4. Flashed C6833_14.3.A.0.757_EUR LTE Stripped..ftf (original link on the OP).

During reboot, the system detected it was an upgrade and was restored from backup. As far as I can tell, I did not loose any apps nor settings.

Note that these instructions are just a repeat of what was posted by others, they are not created by me!

Note also that I started with a rooted phone, with TWRP installed. If you start with a stock, you'll have to go back to 532, root that, and upgrade to 757. This has been explained somewhere else and links have been presented. For example, here.

Big thanks to chemcup for the OP and files!

The Following User Says Thank You to paulotex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]