[Q] Full backup for deployment and reproduction

OP egonwilzer

6th June 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hello,

I am currently working on a project on a Geniatech ATV1220 Device running Android 4.2.2. I need some applications on this device with specific settings like Debian Kit with openssh, openvpn, nodejs and also a firefox browser with fullscreen addon as well as a terminal emulator with specific command line.

I have it all set up to work perfectly according to my needs on one box but now I want to achieve the exact same thing on other boxes (also Geniatech ATV1220s), without having to do the process of manually setting up each box individually, since I might have to do it to a lot of boxes.

What would be the best way to backup the whole filesystem including debian kit, all applications, all settings of those applications and all the stored data and then restore it on another device to basically make them 2 identical boxes?

I tried adb backup with the following command:

adb backup –all -apk -shared –f backup.ab

But that didn't seem to do the trick, as when I restored the backup on another device, debian kit for example wasn't running at all. I also have a way to sign images for that device, which I used to remove unnecessary apps and services, if that helps in any way.

Has anyone had to do something similar and knows the best way to do it?

Kind regards
egon
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread