Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help getting 3G working on my 64 GB X+ AT&T

Tip us?

MrBoard
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] Help getting 3G working on my 64 GB X+ AT&T

Hello all,
I have just made a rookie mistake, and bought an unlocked phone to use on the AT&T network. After putting my Sim card in, i noticed that I only had 2G (Edge)... So I did some research, and quickly found out that AT&T's LTE network is on 700 and 1700 bands... And my new phone only works with
2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100

Well... After doing some more research... I found out that AT&T 3G is on 850 and 1900... So shouldn't I be able to at least get 3G to function? I have tried a couple different APN settings... But so far I either only get edge... Or it says the mobile network failed to turn on due to an APN setting error...

Please help! This phone is pretty much useless without the internet for me... I can deal with 3G...but edge is unusable...

Thanks ahead of time

mrbjoern
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello MrBoard,

Have you tried to configure your APN settings by the homepage of your provider? They often offer such services. Maybe it can help you solve your problem.

But I have a similar problem, I although can't get 3G, every other connection is working, just 3G.

Does anyone knows a solution?

Sent from my One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MrBoard
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbjoern View Post
Hello MrBoard,

Have you tried to configure your APN settings by the homepage of your provider? They often offer such services. Maybe it can help you solve your problem.

But I have a similar problem, I although can't get 3G, every other connection is working, just 3G.

Does anyone knows a solution?

Sent from my One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I entered the apn directly off the At&t website... We'll see if it works... I'm going to try switching the sim card out...hopefully I can use SOMETHING other than edge!